“Simply the best restaurant...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SOFIA Restaurant

SOFIA Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
SOFIA Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Margate City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sofia of Margate offers a fabulous selection of eclectic and traditional Mediterranean, Greek, Continental. Celebrate life... embrace our hospitality… enjoy our diverse flavors…. experience cuisine that is good for your heart, body and soul – Experience Sofia Restaurant in Margate.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Simply the best restaurant...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The title says it all, there are very few restaurants left anywhere that are as good as Sofia's. The atmosphere is incredible, there is not a bad seat in the house, but the food is what keeps me going back. I have been there half a dozen times or so and never had a bad meal, or even tasted a bad dish. If your anywhere close to Margate, NJ - even if your in Atlantic City, NJ make the trip it's worth it! Lamb dishes have been the best I have ever had, hummus trio I get every time! Love this place!

• Visited August 2013

Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Great Mediterranean Style Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We walked in and had a drink at the bar. It was big and not overly crowded. The restaurant was, but we were seated promptly according to our reservation. Food was great. I prefer their mezzes to their fried cheese appetizer. Fish was fresh and everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. Seems pretty authentic to Mediterranean cuisine.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stay away from Sofia's in Margate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had one of the worst dining experiences at Sofia's. Six of us had 8:30 reservations for Saturday night. Arrive a little after 8 for drink at bar. We are not seated until 9:15 for dinner, only after two of the women complained to owner. We order our meals pretty quick, since we are hungry at this point. Salads/appetizers served normal timeframe. Then, no dinner. 10:15 rolls around, no dinner. At 10:20 waiter tells us dinner is coming up the steps. At 10:35, we are told dinner is being plated. At 10:50, my wife and I have to leave to pick up child-still no food. To add insult to injury, the owner really doesn't care about what is going on. Shear arrogance.
I've been told by others that my experience, although more drastic, isn't all that unusual on a Saturday night in Margate. I think I will stick with Steve & Cookies and their great bar and blueberry pie, or Tomatoes or Johnnies or Ventura's. Never ever again for Sofia's. Horrible.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Allen H
Texas
“Nice suburb beachtown dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went to Sofia with 3 of my friends as a great way to finalize our amazing weekend in Margate. This restaurant recently underwent a huge multimillion dollar renovation after Sandy storm hit the coast last year. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful, attentive servers made us feel very welcome. There is a nice bar (cozy). We shared some appetizers (spanakopita, hummus platter, seared scallops and grilled octopus). The scallops were sweet and fresh, buttery and really delicious. The spanakopita was a little dry for me but improved after some extra olive oil.
For entrees I had the special seafood plyka with seabass and prawns stew in a tomato sauce with grilled potatos. The quality of the sea bass was fresh and very tasty, i was a little dissapointed with the prawns since they tasted frozen and lacked flavor. My other friends tried the pasta and crab meat (they used angel hair, to my oppinion it is too thin for a dish like this! and an eggplant parmesan lasgna with a side of grilled feta cheese. It was a very pleasant experience overall, can certainly imporve in the quality of the preparation of more traditional honest greek fare.

• Visited July 2013
Margate City, New Jersey
“At the bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

wonderful happy hour drinks and menu
friendly crowd