“Special oocasion”

Lorena's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lorena's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Maplewood
Description: Local Ingredients Deeply Rooted in French Technique
Livingston, Montana
“Special oocasion”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Limited menu but very interesting and tasty. Pricey. Hard to park but otherwise great pace for special occasion. We took our daughter there for her birrthday and she loved it.

Visited March 2012

Chatham
“Gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

A nice little storefront restaurant with good food and good service.Attentive wait staff. In the middle of town so parking is tight.We had salmon and the short ribs and both were excellent. BYOB which is nice.

• Visited December 2012
United States
“C'est Bon, Tres Bon!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Sweet in-town French with attractive decor. But it's the food that shines. Excellent ingredients, well prepared. It really is a little bit of French country dining. Since it's BYO, you can save and bundle and put it toward the fine fare. Call well ahead, as it is very popular, and with good reason. On a recent visit, we had skate (raie) and veal. We were transported to Lyon, the cooking was that good.

• Visited November 2012
New Jersey
“A wonderful meal, fabulous service”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

For us Lorena's is for special occasions, so we make it a point to order different things so we can taste multiple offerings! My date started with the butternut squash soup - rich and creamy, wonderful seasonal taste. I had the green salad with fennel & radish, which was a good starter for me (the soup would have been too rich for me). Then I had the mahi mahi -- wonderfully prepared with lemon, capers. She had the Short Rib -- absolutely wonderful, melt in your mouth, rich. We both remarked on how perfectly the vegetables were prepared and cooked -- mildly seasoned, crisp, fresh. Afterwards we shared the aged cheese plate -- I'm not sure what was better, the selection of cheeses or the tasty crispy buttered pieces of breads (ok, so it was the cheese). Then we had the brulee bananas with the mocha panna cotta. Unbelievable flavors. And the service throughout, from every server, was truly perfect. Wonderful meal and evening!

• Visited October 2012
New Jersey
“Amazing dinner”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I probably should not write this review because it is difficult enough to get a reservation. We ate dinner last night with another couple. This was my second time, but it has been a few years since I last ate here. We did not have one dish that was less than outstanding between the four of us. The appetizers, salmon tartare and buffalo burada with figs, we're both terrific. We had. Four different mains, scallops, short ribs, duck breast, and a vegetarian plate created for my wife. The duck breast was, by far, the best I have ever tasted. My friend felt the same way about the short ribs. For dessert, we had apple tart, chocolate banana bread pudding, and warm chocolate cake. The bread pudding was a little heavy for my taste, but everyone else liked it. The chocolate cake and the apple tart were both outstanding. The service was exemplary. Considering that the restaurant is small with only 9 tables, it was not noisy. It is a byob, so we brought great wines to compliment the dinner (billecart salmon brut rose, 2007 chateauneuf du pape, and 2007 Rubicon). I have eaten in some of finest restaurants in the world in the last few years ( including Alinea in Cicago, Gramercy Tavern in NY, and Taillevent in Paris) and this dinner was as good or better than any of them. When combined with outstanding wines that we brought and considering relative prices, this blows all of them away. It was that good!

• Visited September 2012