“Adequate, but nothing more”
Review of Wild Ginger

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wild Ginger
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Maplewood
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 29, 2014

As Thai restaurants go,this place falls somewhere in the middle. Food was okay. My spouse and I had two different duck dishes. Both were supposed to be crispy, but had more fatty pieces than we expected. Service was prompt but indifferent. No one came to check on us, and plates were cleared the second I put my fork down. No offer of tea or dessert. Felt a little like Thai McDonald's--eat and run. Not exactly warm and friendly.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food is great, service quick, so inexpensive. No matter what we have eaten food is always good and presented with style

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I went there with 3 friends for lunch last week and the menu had several lunch specials to choose from. We got Soup or a Spring Roll, Choice of a Chicken, Beef or Pork dish and a bowl of white or brown rice. I ordered the soup, which was coconut based with chicken in it and slightly spicy. I got the Masaman Curry, which was also coconut based and has lots of gravy and a bowl of brown rice. We shared a Roti Canai, which was simply delicious and some Satay. Overall, the meal was delicious and the lunch special price was very good. I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a good Thai meal.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Checked this place out for dinner on a Friday night, it was pretty busy, but we were able to get a table quickly. We actually stepped out to grab some wine at the shop right across the street. Btw, the location is very nice, right in the middle of Maplewood village, great for dinner and a movie at the theater down the street. Not having been here before, we decided to try a standard pad thai, and another chicken dish. The pad thai was very tasty as was the other dish. The other dish we ordered was labeled as spicy, which it was, but not too much. Considering that it is BYO, the cost of the entire meal was very reasonable, and we will definitely come back to try other items. One strange thing was that there were no chopsticks on the table, we had to ask for them.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am probably somewhere around 3.5 stars on this place. I love Thai food but almost anywhere outside of NYC Thai restaurants fall into generic Asian trap. They become somewhat Chinese. Do not get me wrong I love Chinese food ... but in a chinese restaurant.
My wife's fired rice was excellent, however my thai noodles (not sure which variant I ordered) were a bit bland. I have to say that the portions are large and there was a lot of shrimp in the shrimp fried rice, not the typical few. So overall, this place gets a passing grade and given the dearth of thai places around me, I will be back.