“The food isn't bad , but bring your own napkins !!”
Review of Maplewood Grille

Maplewood Grille
Ranked #15 of 44 Restaurants in Maplewood
Cuisines: American
Description: I sent a member review of this great place just today. auxchats
Description: I sent a member review of this great place just today. auxchats
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I went with a friend last week ,about 4 in the afternoon on a beautiful Sunday . The tellapia fish tacos were very nice , but for 13 dollars , there should have been some salad to fill out the plate .They were served with a 2 inch bowl of black beans - nothing special . Service was fair - there was only one other table that had 2 people , yet I had to ask for a refill of water . There are NO desserts ! When I asked why not , I was told they didn't want to compete with other businesses nearby ! The sweet potato fries looked good . The napkins are the worst napkins I have ever used , and I traveled throughout China ! They are supposed to be " green " but I buy napkins all the time from recycled paper that are SOFT ! I would go back again , just armed with my own napkins ! The space is very attractive and clean .

There are newer reviews for Maplewood Grille

Reviewed June 28, 2011

My friend and I found out about the Maplewood Deli last weekend while attending a school reunion in nearby South Orange. We were hungry, and in the mood for some interesting food, not the usual deli fare.
What a pleasant surprise! My friend's Chicken Finger Salad was perfect, as was my Fish Taco plate, fresh tilapia surrounded with warm vegetables. Portions were generous, but we finished them all! As a special treat, we were served a basket of the owner's wonderful roasted flavored croutons, large chunks of tasty bread.
Sean, the gregarious owner, seems to know all his regular customers, yet runs his operation smoothly. I'll return soon, with my family.
A real find, right near the Maplewood train station.

1  Thank AUXCHATS