“Superb food!”

Sal and Joe's Spaghetti & Pizza House
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Maple Shade
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 11, 2019

Felt a little rushed in this very popular place. A little short on decor, but the huge menu holds your attention. Truly homemade soups were Lentil or Egg Drop with Spinach. And, you can pick a sauce and pasta you want from a long list of options. I chose Putanesca and Linguini and rank it among the best I have had. BYOB!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Quant pizza shop that was recommended by a friend. Had dinner there and was quite surprised. Service was good, and the dinner was very good. Had mussels as an appetizer, and could have made it my entree it was that large and good. Pasta dish was also very good, will definitely go back.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019

Best thin crust pizza in the area ,also the Chicken Cacciatore is outstanding .
Valentina is a terrific server and the owners, Sal & Joe are always there.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 25, 2019

Even though I have lived locally for over 30 years, I had never been to Sal & Joe's before. They seem very friendly and they made several special accommodations to bring my order out to the car since I have a disability.

The counter people were very pleasant when I called in the order. The order was was 2 dinners, one Lasagna and the other Linguini with Meat Sauce. We ordered sides of meatballs and another of Sweet Sausage.
Each dinner was to come with soup and the House Salad which we ordered with dressing on the side. The four of us planned on splitting the two orders.

But the order was missing the two orders of soup, the bread, the garlic bread but the food was sure not missing any salt. We still have not been able to determine whether the salt overload was in the sauce, pasta or both.

We called and the staff agreed to give us the soup tomorrow afternoon but, since that call, we have decided to return the entrees too so that the chef can taste them to find that we are not misinforming anyone. Assuming they normally have food with good flavors, the amount of salt in our food totally overpowered the flavors in our order.

Unfortunately, all of this salt and the missing items ruined our dinners.

One other issue, when the staff brought the order out, they had the food containers in a flat box that had sides of about 2" high. They need to change their delivery containers to a plastic bag with handles that has a piece of cardboard to create a flat bottom with the food neatly stacked inside the bag that will keep the food containers captured within the bag.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2018

This is a great place for a pasta meal or pizza. The service is great, fast and you feel like you are in mama’s kitchen. We had lunch, brought tour own wine, and enjoyed the daily specials of pasta, garlic bread and soup. Each time I’ve been there, I have not been disappointed!

Date of visit: September 2018