“Tasty food at reasonable prices.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sal and Joe's Spaghetti & Pizza House
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Maple Shade
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my first visit to Sal and Joe’s and it will not be the last. I loved the food, as did the nine others in my lunch group. And the service was delightful. My $9.99 lunch special consisted of a nice salad (Soup is the standard side with the special, but neither of the available soups were to my liking so they substituted a salad). And my pasta platter was shrimp fettuccine which was plentiful and delicious. The sound level was very good.

1  Thank SouthJerseyEatwell

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The last two times we've gone there with work colleagues, the food was good but it took a very long time to come out. People that ordered later got their food first. Either the wait staff is slow to enter the orders or the cook staff is not making it in the proper order.

1  Thank Rudyfs2
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I were traveling in the Mt Laurel area and decided to try Sal and Joe's based on reviews. Outstanding!! The service was fast and very good. I had their house specialty Dolce Vita which is shrimp with hot peppers, onions, romano cheese, cream with just a little marinara sauce. I chose linguini pasta (out of about 5 homemade shapes) - it was to die for! The shrimp were perfectly cooked and the sauce just had a little zing to it!! My husband had the meat tortellini with meat sauce which was also fabulous - similar to his Italian grandmother's lost recipe! My daughter got the shrimp alfredo which was also outstanding with the shrimp again perfectly cooked. The meals all came with an amazing garlic bread, soup of the day, and a forgetable salad. I had the cream of mushroom which was rich and creamy! Two things to note - all the food tasted like it was made without salt (or with a very small amount) - great if your watching your sodium intake but I needed a little more. I just sprinkled a little bit to wake up all the flavors - perfect! Second the restaurant is BYOB which we (being from Maryland) were not used to. We saw another table where they happily provided wine openers and wine glasses to the family eating there. Wish we had known - very economical!!

2  Thank Diana S
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We started with soup, which was rather blah! I will say their claim to fabulous garlic bread due to special ingredients was accurate - the garlic bread was delicious. Our salads were fresh and plentiful. My partners shrimp scampi was a large portion. There were 6 shrimp, enough for the platter, but the sauce was missing something. Not real tasteful. My manicotti was very good, with a very flavorful sauce. Overall, I would not travel a great distance for a return visit, but by the same token might visit this establishment again if I were in the neighborhood. Also, the service was fantastic - and friendly.

1  Thank hoholmes
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very good, tasty consistently good food, generous portions. Worth the trip.

1  Thank ScottgNJ