“Really good burgers and shakes”
Review of Smashburger

Smashburger
Ranked #21 of 52 Restaurants in Maple Shade
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We decided to see what all the hype was about. It was worth it. They are not quite as good as Bobby's Burger Palace or Zinburger. However, they are a step above Five Guys…and we really like Five Guys. My girlfriend had the classic smash (5oz). She really enjoyed it. I ordered the create your own burger (7oz.) I had them put pepper jack cheese, a fried egg, lettuce, onions and tomatoes on a multigrain bun. It was excellent. We shared the smash fries (olive oil and rosemary). They were just ok. We'll order the regular fries next time. She ordered a strawberry shake. I had the oreo shake. While the burger was really good, the shakes were probably the highlight for both of us. If you visit (and are not lactose intolerant), those are a must have.

1  Thank 2TravelLuvers
There are newer reviews for Smashburger

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Their concept is simple, create an environment where people can go to get a basic and good, something affordable and fresh burger. Did they achieve their mission?

YES. Without a doubt Smashburger is a very clean, friendly, laid-back eatery with good burgers. Their signature, SMASHBURGER as the name suggests is a SMASH hit. I've eaten here on one other occasion so today I decided to get a SMASHBURGER with lettuce wraps instead of the bread.

The bread is quite fresh but the roll is so much larger than the burger that I get more bread and condiments with my bit than meat.

The burger was prepared and served to me within 15 (and that's during the heavy lunch rush crowd). The burger was well seasoned (a little too well-seasoned, I would suggest when placing your order to hold the salt as the fat in the meat and the grill will season your burger sufficiently). The quality of the meat was excellent and I really appreciate the char marks that the grill cook got on the burger which added to the flavor. The only negative thing about the burger was that it was dripping in fat. Not its own juices but oil/fat. There was so much oil and fat that a small pool of it collected at the bottom of the container my burger came in.

I asked for the Smash sauce to be on the side. It was very good.

Overall, I give the time it took to get the burger 4- high heels (very good), 3 - high heels for the burger, 3 high heels for the friendly staff person who took my order, for an overall rating of 3.5!

1  Thank Classycook