“Decent food, disappointing service: go to Primo's instead”
Review of Tony Luke's

Tony Luke's
Ranked #25 of 52 Restaurants in Maple Shade
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I went to Tony Luke's with high expectations, having been to their famous location in South Philly, and I am sorry to say they didn't even come close to meeting them.
My favorite sandwich is the traditional italian pork sandwich with broccoli rabe, and it's a great sandwich: garlicky, with a nice bite, and a good amount of pork. Is it worth $11.00? I don't think so...especially since their "large" is only nine inches, and when getting an order of small fries (5 bucks), I ended up paying around $17.00. Also, the price of the same sandwich at the South Philly location is $8.50. Regardless, that wasn't the main problem. There were only about three people ahead of me in the line, and I had to wait 45 minutes to get my sandwich and fries...I know it's Tony Luke's...but come on! How long does it take to put together a sandwich with thinly sliced pork, a bit of broccoli rabe, and two slices of cheese? This is especially upsetting since they have a full kitchen staff, of which I could see at least four cooks behind the line...which were, incidentally, screwing around (throwing fries at each other, squirting water around, having a seemingly extremely amusing time), and that would be totally fine if a five-person line didn't have to wait an hour to get their food (there was a couple behind me). The conclusion: I was looking to make this place a regular spot...but that's not gonna happen until they clean up their act.