“Great in every way!”

Yokohama Sushi & Hibachi
Reserve with OpenTable
Yokohama Sushi & Hibachi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Maple Shade
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Kings Highway
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

I am a way too frequent lunch customer at Yokohama because of its fresh sushi, unique rolls, awesome wait staff, and unbelievably low prices. Thank you, Yoko!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed May 15, 2017

We went for my daughter's birthday at her request. We have been here several times and the "show" has always been the BEST among all of the local places. There is the standard routine with the spatula tricks, onion volcano, etc., but there always seems to be something different added here. Last time, the chef flipped and caught the egg with his spatula, launched it and caught it in his hat. On this trip, the chef engaged with my daughters (ages 12 and 16) to try to flip the egg and have it come down/crack it using the side of the spatula. Let's just say that they had a blast, but they couldn't win the $20 bet that I put on it. For the adults, there is "entertainment" as well and my wife has the new nickname of "saki Momma".

Onto the food . . . they have high grade sushi and I prefer their maki rolls. This time, I tried their Yokohama roll and was definitely impressed. The ladies had the chicken hibachi meal and I ordered the Filet Mignon/Lobster special. Everyone went with an order of side noodles because you just can't beat the taste of "just off of the grill". They raved over the tenderness of the chicken and both my lobster and filet were done Perfect!! That is usually my "test" of a hibachi place as they either overcook the filet or the lobster . . . not here. I cannot think of any significant "nits" about this place except for the drink service follow-up being just a touch slower than I would like. However, a totally SOLID place, the best of its class in the area and we will definitely return for another show :-)

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 18, 2017

We have visited Yokohama numerous times over the past few years. The food is always good but the people who work there aren't the most friendly.

We've never eaten on the Hibachi side. We've sat at the Sushi Bar on numerous occasions when there weren't any tables available. Not my favorite choice for seating as the waiters/waitresses are constantly passing food over your head and bumping into the back of your chair. It seems to me there is a better solution for this situation.

As far as food...we keep returning. We've had the Bento Box on several occasions. The Gyoza and Shu Mai are really good. Our son loves the Dragon Roll.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2017

This was our first time there and the waitresses were attentive and not hovering. We had the lunch box and were very satisfied. My tempera sweet potato was a little hard. Otherwise a great meal for the $$.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

Went here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. Had three sushi rolls, all were delicious and beautifully presented, also good miso soup. The Yokohama roll was especially good.

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Yokohama Sushi & Hibachi? Share your experiences!