“Excellent Value”

Dining options: Reservations
Franklin Park, NJ
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stopped by on a recent Sunday afternnoon for the first time. This place is nothing to write home about as far as the decor goes. What reallysurprised me was the awful service although I must admit it was not the fault of our server. For whatever reason the management has only one server on duty on a weekend afternoon? This one poor girl not only had to wait tables but she was also simulataneously working the bar. She did her best but the result was nearly a 40 minute wait for our food. I thin the couple behind us must have waited close to an hour. She told us she is always alone on weekend afternoons. This alone makes me not want to come back. INSANE!

Once our food finally came I must admit was pleasantly surprised. My pulled pork sandwich was on a large kaiser roll. It was sweet and smokey just the way I like it. It came with a few side options and I chose macaroni salad. The salad came in a large side dish, it was creamy and fresh and was a nice complement to sandwich. I felt that it was a pretty good value for only $7. My dining companion had a lamb burger and enjoyed it as well, and again only $7.

A word of warning for those who care. The men's rooom is gross. It's old, small and just nasty. It would behoove management to put a little more effort into the service as well as upgrade the bathrooms.

My rating of this place is based strictly on the food and bang for the buck. If you can overlook the fact that this place is a little rough around the edges you can have a pretty good meal for a great price.

• Visited June 2012

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Walking into Drewby's isn't very inspiring as it looks like an old run down bar. However, the food is exceptional here and worth pushing through any misgivings. The service definitely needs some help too, sometimes its good but more often than not it is mediocre at best. The food makes up for any of the other challenges though and I would definitely recommend eating here.

• Visited June 2011
New Jersey
“Great Food at a decent price”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We love this place. Baked Fontina cheese - Mussels in spicy Marinara sauce, oh, and grilled duck in salad with goat cheese and pears.. ooh lala!

• Visited February 2012
Boca Raton, FL
“Not Bar Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

A great neighborhood pub with outstanding food. You can get a pizza, fantastic sandwiches, full meals and great raw seafood. Food and drinks are very reasonable. The owner-chef really puts out a great product. Try the specials. They are special as opposed to what's left over and never overpriced.Free parking in the rear and on street.

Visited November 2011
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Mom and Pop's type of place”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The food is pretty good and they have live entertainment on some nights. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table which isn't so bad for a Saturday night. It's definitely a locals' place.

1 Thank arettberg