“Delicious food, trendy menu, great service!”
Review of Telford Inn

Telford Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Mantua
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband & I dine at the Telford Inn on a regular basis. We hadn't been there for a couple of months, but did visit this past Saturday night. We go back again & again because the food is very good and the service is always excellent. We were really surprised with their new menu....one of our favorites, the Crab & Artichoke Dip, which hadn't been available for a long time, was back on the menu, as well as many new entrees. The dip was just as spectacular as we remembered, and we were so happy to be able to enjoy it again. My hanger steak was absolutely perfectly cooked, with a delicious wine reduction sauce and wonderful smashed potatoes and fresh, perfectly cooked brocolli. My husband had the real winner of the night - the broiled seafood plank. It was amazing!! Generous portions of broiled salmon, shrimp, scallops, crab and clams casino AND a nice size lobster tail served with Duchess potatoes and fresh asparagus. ....he said it was one of the best meals he has ever had. The service at the Telford Inn is always friendly, and the chef is turning out some really incredible plates from the kitchen. We will be going back again SOON

1  Thank Hildy B

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Sunday Brunch is buffet here and filled with delicious choices! There is a. Omelet Station; however no olive oil - it's butter or nothing - they should offer a choice of cooking methods - this is my only criticism. All of the foods on the buffet were at the proper temperatures. The fresh fruit salad was delicious. Service was excellent. You never have to wait to get your coffee refilled. Very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday morning.

2  Thank ChrisnSC
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Telford inn today after visiting the NJ Peach Festival. We were disappointed in the small menu. The prices were a little high as well. My crock of French onion soup was $8! And $6 for a thing of tater tots and cheese dip. I won't be returning, not that I live in the area anyway. I would have chose a different place if I had a choice.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

When evaluating the Telford Inn and its rating one needs to consider the area and what is available. On that score I rated it 4 tho probably 3 when compared to other eateries within 20-30 minutes away. This is probably a place to go to when in the area tho not necessarily a destination unto itself.
The menu has a good variety of choices that are more staples than trendy. When here for dinner you can choose from salads, sandwiches, or hot entrees. There is also a limited selection 3 course dinner for $23. The food was well prepared and tasty. The crusty rolls were served hot (something other places could improve) with a garlic butter. Portions were adequate tho not overly large.
The Telford Inn has been in this location since 1812. The decor seems a bit dated but it is probably trying to reflect its heritage. Service was attentive and efficient. Cost varies depending upon what you order. Items are a la carte.

1  Thank la2nj
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Love going here for a quick drink and sandwich. Best ham & cheese sandwiches and Best Roast Beef sandwiches in the area.

1  Thank Sherri B