“Good food, but a long wait”
Review of The Peach Pit Cafe

The Peach Pit Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #14 of 70 Restaurants in Manasquan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Before I start, just saying... the people that came after us were served and nearly done before we got our food. Anyway, delicious filter coffee and pretty good prices. I had the chicken salad and it was fantastic. Don't trade the homemade chips for fries, they are awesome. I'd go back, but don't be in a rush.

Date of visit: January 2020
673jrs, Owner at The Peach Pit Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We remember you! So sorry!! We were poaching new chicken as we ran out. We should have informed you. We tried to beat the clock. We obviously didn't. Love to make it up to you!! Thanks for the review. We love the chips too!

Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed December 5, 2019 via mobile

The atmosphere is very nice especially in the cold weather. They have a beautiful fireplace and very comfortable seats. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful. My husband’s brick chicken was absolutely delicious. My grilled cheese ( fig brie and avocado) was 4 of 10. Over done bread, Brie not runny and Avocado slightly hard.
They can do much better.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

We eat here quite often and I always order the bananas foster French toast...it used to be fabulous. Well not anymore. It had an extremely strong taste of orange in it which was horrible. I told the server and she said she would check with the Chef. She came back and stated that they did put orange in it. She shrugged her shoulders and said that the chef said someone must have put too much orange flavoring in it and that was it! She walked away! No offer to make it correctly, no offer to replace it with something else, no offer to take it off the bill! Very poor customer service. If they keep this up they’re going to need more than Gordon Ramsey to help them out! What a shame that they just lost a regular “local” customer!

Date of visit: November 2019
J R S, Owner at The Peach Pit Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2019

Sorry to hear. I am the chef. This is the first i am hearing of this.
You stated yourself you have been here several times, so im hoping you know this is an unacceptable incident on our part.
I will address this situation internally. Thank you for your support.

Reviewed October 27, 2019

Was seated promptly on a very rainy Sunday. Loved being able to come downstairs to have another wonderful breakfast. I had the special which was belgium Waffles with mixed berrries...omg...it was the best tasting waffle i have ever tasted...it was a tad crunchy on the edges which i thought tasted like brown sugar but the waitress informed me it was the vanilla that enhances the flavor on the waffle & a order of bacon which was done perfectly! My husband had the french toast & sausage which was also very yummy!

Date of visit: October 2019
J R S, Owner at The Peach Pit Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2019

We love when customers are happy! It is what we strive for ...thanks for the support & so happy you enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed October 11, 2019

We have been here before, and breakfast has been very good. That was not the case in our most recent visit. Portion size was not great, this is the first time I can remember that my wife did not wrap some of her breakfast up. The avocado toast was ok at best, definitely have had better. Prices were on the higher side relative to the portions and the quality of the food.

I never like leaving average reviews, but that is what The Peach Pit deserved after our last visit. I felt better after reading some of the owner's responses to other reviews that were not great, obviously there is a problem here somewhere.

Date of visit: October 2019
J R S, Owner at The Peach Pit Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We will look at our inconsistencies and address them. Feel free to contact me to further discuss
Cheflou@blendonmain.com