“Exceeded expectations”

Ranked #1 of 3 Manasquan B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We loved the privacy that comes along with no check in! The rooms were enormous, tastefully decorated, and extremely comfortable. The fireplace was charming, the beds were comfortable, and the number for contacting the management should something go wrong was prominently displayed. Manasquan is a sweet little town with a couple of nice shops and a great diner! I doubt I'll be back there, but if I had to come back I would absolutely book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
new jersey
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Would love to know the manufacturer of the matress, it was wonderful! Very nice to be able to take the elevator to the ground floor and enter the Firefly Bistro where we enjoyed a delightful meal. When making the reservations and I mentioned it was listed under bed and breakfast accomodations in Manasquan I was told there was no breakfast included, we could eat in the restaurant downstairs. Not open for breakfast (perhaps this is seasonal?) The tea shop two doors down was nice. Toilet issues which my son came over and fixed (was visitng him for the weekend) as there is only a number to contact if there are any problems - the staff of Firefly was quick to tell you they had nothing to do with 'Inn'. Also was a bit disappointed to find 'black hair' in the shower and around the bathroom - my hair is light, so it definately wasn't mine! A suggestion is to pull into the driveway, exit on the side street and pull into the parking in front of the building to unload, then go circle the block and park your car in the lot as there is only two hour parking directly in front of the building, plenty of parking in the auxilliary lot, not much in the lot directly behind the Inn. The few spaces are also shared with the Firefly patrons, the rest are for the townhouse residents. (You can only enter through the Main Street entrance at the front of the building and when you have a handicapped person with you, it can be more distance than they can comfortably walk). There is only one handicapped spot behind the building, which we needed and didn't always get if we left and came back to the room. Dorm sized fridge in room (freezer section so frosted over you couldn't get the ice cube tray out) and one cup coffee pot, also has an ironing board and iron as well as hair blower in bath. All in all a nice stay, the comments above were just for your information, as there is not that much info on the website. Nice to have visited, but next time would look for a room closer to where my son lives.

Room Tip: The room we used faced Main Street. Although we looked out our balcony onto the gas station across t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
innonmainmanasquan, Owner at Inn on Main Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Many thanks for your comments. Stearns & Foster is the brand for our pillow-top mattress.

"Very clean" is often the comment we hear from so many reviews and I apologize that we failed to do just that for you stay. I have shared your comment with the room attendant.

Regarding breakfast, it is explicit on our website, and through the booking and confirmation process that the room rate does not include this, and options abound mere steps from the Inn. I am glad you found one nearby that you liked. But with the toilet issue, I am perplexed that you had not called the hotline. I am sure your son is handy and appears to have fixed whatever the issue was, but this by itself, may have yielded a different result - like water damage, for example. I assure you we could have assisted in the matter.

I thank you for your business and we are glad that you were overall pleased with our product.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The lobby smells of cooking grease. The rooms are large and bathrooms are, too. Booked hotel for access to fireplace but it didn't work. Rooms are accessed by code that's sent to you. No staff, no phones so no way to get help.

• Stayed March 2012
innonmainmanasquan, Owner at Inn on Main Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Today, I inspected all 12 rooms of this beautiful inn and turned all 11 fireplaces with a flick of a switch. All of them roared to life like a brand new car. If a previous guest fiddles the knobs and closes the vent, the fireplace will not start for the next guest, but this is not what I found in today's walkthrough.

I frankly find this review incredulous. The guest booked the Inn because of the fireplace but appears to have never called us because, as guest states, there are no public phones in the hotel and therefore he cannot reach staff. There are some assumptions we do make, and one is that almost everyone has a mobile phone. Those that did not have one, in our experience, called from our Ground Floor restaurant (BTW, that is why there is some cooking smell in the lobby, but rest assured it does not travel to the upper floors).

Any hotel simply cannot be of assistance, if it is not notified. To rate our Inn low due to this entirely avoidable situation, in my opinion, is irresponsible and an affront to us Innkeepers.
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband and I had never been to the Jersey Shore so we finally went and spent a few days.....This was a delightful spot to spend them in......It was located amid all the shops and restaurants....it was intimate and charming......The decor was an upscale beach decor...soothing yet inviting......We just loved the fireplace, perfect touch and certainly used it......From the rooms to the elevator to the entry it was an impeccably clean property.....We would suggest upon arrival to try and park in front to have an easier time bringing in your luggage....there is no back door in the parking area....My only complaint was the fact that there was no bathtub - a very large shower, but no tub and I do not like showers! but overall I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back.....and there is no real view....I would prefer the front just to see what i...
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Inn on Main lived up to expectations. The room itself felt like a master bedroom, not a hotel. It was very clean and quiet. Granted, you could hear the bass from the speakers in the restaurant down stairs but that was not too distracting as the speakers were shut off at a reasonable hour each night. The bed was very comfortable and clean too.

For improvement, they could offer better televisions in the rooms and access to premium movie stations. That would be about it. Oh, there was also a plastic pot plant on my balcony. I am not sure if it was put there for humor, aesthetics or by accident but it certainly took me by surprise.

Narragansett, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Location was in a great little town, rooms were clean and spacious, little extras were appreciated (wine opener and glasses, coffee pot, refrigerator, fireplace). 1 mile from beach and one block from from local train stop! Restaurant below the Inn was exceptional and Trattoria (near the train station) was an unexpected delight.

Room Tip: Photos of the rooms on the website were 100% accurate
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Westfield, NJ
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Rooms are located in the heart of downtown Manasquan. Clean, bright quiet room on third floor with high ceilings. However, due to entire wall of windows and glass sliding doors during the month of March, room was a little cool which was rectified by turning up the thermostat. Draperies that cover sliding doors are beautiful, but not light blocking. Access to the room was done without a room key and works very well. Lobby is shared with restaurant on first floor so Saturday night dinner crowd totally took it over. Parking is in back of hotel - whereas main entrance is in front on Main street which requires pulling luggage around building to elevator in lobby - access from back of hotel would be easier. Also, parking spaces are limited and are shared with restaurant patrons and on saturday night that restaurant is extremely crowded so there is a very good possibility you will be parking somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manasquan
Point Pleasant Manor
Walden on the Pond
Walden on the Pond
#4 of 6 in Spring Lake
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
The Atlantic Motel
The Atlantic Motel
#12 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Inn on Main Hotel? Share your experiences!