“work on service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

have eaten here three times - food average to above average, wait staff helpful but service overall poor- last time waited 90 minutes to get served, hostess sat at desk texting, waitress not to be seen, this was not the summer season. Once again disappointed in a new local restaurant, will not be back.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lets see where shall we begin, first I suppose with a mention that we are a party of nine which for a brand new venture might be an issue but this is supposedly a ristorante that is the third in the family therefore service in my opinion should be seamless. Not the case here, had to ask for water twice, ordered appetizers for the table and had to remind waiter that all where not delivered. When they were, the waiter didn't have enough plates for the table so some had to use their bread plates. Then my wife ordered a dish with porcini mushrooms and it didn't dawn on the waiter or the cook (until 5 minutes before the entrees where delivered) that they had no porcini mushrooms. So now everyone gets their entrees and my wife sits with nothing in front of her. Having been in business myself this is the point where the on premise owner should do damage control. Not here the disaster just continues. I probably forgot to mention when my wife's pasta finally arrived it was not cooked enough (oh yes she is native Italian and understands al dente vs not cooked), by the same token our friends steak was over cooked to the point he couldn't eat it. So let's move on to the coffee where soup spoons are given to stir your coffee, what's that all about? Finally everyone at the table is roasting because the a/c is set too low and when you ask for the bill it takes way too long to show up. In all fairness I will say that we had a "fill in" waiter who supposedly was from their other ristorante so even though not familiar with the operation he should have been better at customer service. Also at the end of our evening the other waitress stopped by to check on our table but the damage was beyond repair at that point.
Final recommendation is skip this dud until they get their act together.

2  Thank TraveltoIvrea
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very nice place, clean design and not overdone with unimportant decorations. The menu is quite extensive and everything we had was very good. The host and hostess were very friendly and attentive. The wait staff also was very helpful in describing the specials and suggesting what to eat based on our individual preferences.
We have eaten there on 3 different occasions, all three time the food was very well prepared and great tasting, that being said the portions were less and less each time.

I liked this place. Thumbs up

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fabulous
5 friends and I met at Via Veneto last night to enjoy a girls night out meal. The evening began with me chatting with the pleasant young hostess. She welcomed us to the restaurant and gave us the choice between a table or booth. The restaurant is very modern and a reminded us of a NY supper club. The food, service and attention to detail really set this place apart from others in the area. Each of us indicated we would come back in a heartbeat.
The menu offers something for everyone. Our waitress was pleasant and offered us bottled or tap water. The bread (that the weight watchers point counter in me had to pass on) looked and smelled delicious. Others in our party enjoyed the bread. A nice touch would have been some olive oil. Once we asked for the olive oil it was brought immediately.
We split a couple appetizers, spinach salad, house salad and clams oreganata. All appetizers were terrific. The portions were enough for us all to enjoy.
The best was yet to come. We each ordered something different. For entrees three of us ordered off the menu Veal Picatta , Fettuccini Verde - Boscaiola (green fettuccini tossed in a white cream sauce with peas, diced prosciutto , and mushrooms) and Capellini Malafemmina (lobster, shrimp and clams in a white clam sauce.)
The other three chose entrees off the nightly special board. The orders were as follows: A Special Breaded Veal over arugula Eggplant over a pasta and the daily fish special which was Corvina. They offered to cook the fish anyway my friend wanted it. She went with White wine and lemon. I was lucky enough to taste the Corvina. I am still thinking about that fish. It was light and very tasty. We all raved about our meals. A few finished the evening with Coffee and Red Velvet cake. The staff was attentive but never hovered . The pace between the starts, entrees and desserts was great. We never felt rushed. I can’t wait to bring my husband and son to this great new find. I am only hoping they have the Corvina on the specials that night. If not I am sure anything I pick will be outstanding.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I always enjoyed the Brick NJ location of this restaurant so we tried the new Manasquan location last night. We had one of the worst restaurant experiences of our lives.This restaurant has a long way to go. They were grossly understaffed, we waited 40 - 50 minutes between courses, and it was so loud the waiter had to scream the specials. The grilled octopus was charred and was not served on beans and escarole as the waiter described, the roasted potatoes were literally burnt, and they forgot the proscuitto on my veal saltimbocca. On top of all that, the owner was outright belligerant and argumentative when we complained. Stay away from this place.

1  Thank johncc776

Been to Via Veneto? Share your experiences!