All reviews packaged pastries minute drive point pleasant beach linens bathroom noise
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2018

My fiancee and I have stayed here about 6 or 7 times the past few years and never had an issue. Rooms are small, best suited for a couple. It is surprisingly quiet at night, however I would recommend running the A/C for white noise to block out sounds from cars pulling up and departing, as well as general traffic noise from the highway (the motel is right off Route 34). Super close to Point Pleasant Beach & Boardwalk, only about a 10 minute drive. Flat-screen TVs, mini-fridge and microwave in-room, but otherwise very outdated and could really use a facelift. Beds are comfy, bathrooms are seriously tiny - larger folks will have a problem using the bathrooms here. Linens, wallpaper and paint all desperately need a refresh - but if you're looking for a clean, quiet, comfortable and reasonably-priced room convenient to the beach and shore points, this is it. The gentleman at the front desk is very nice; good coffee, but I would skip the 'free breakfast' as it is mostly packaged pastries. I recommend this motel for a night or two down the shore, as long as you know what to expect and aren't anticipating luxury. I rated 4 stars because this motel suits our particular needs perfectly when going down the shore overnight :)

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank AshleyOfTheIslands
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

HORRIBLE WEEKEND STAY
Woke up to completely wet bathroom floor to door leading to rug becoming wet.
I'm an asmatic had to clean the air conditioner filter myself. The manager wasn't pleasant at all.
Please pick a more decent caring Motel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2017

This perfectly suited our needs when we were in Manasquan for a family visit. Room was clean, bed comfortable. No problem with noise. Room had fridge and microwave, very handy since there was no continental breakfast as advertised, although owner did make us some coffee when requested. No hair dryer in room and no heat. We did not try the window AC unit. tHis was a decent value for the money and we would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank caroltcaron
Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

Shore Hills Motel is your basic, basic motel. Rooms are clean but rather outdated, bedding appears clean and comfortable. Bathroom is small but fills the need to shower and, well, you know, towels could use replacing, old. Traffic noise is super high. It is a basic motel meeting the need for a quick layover, a nights sleep and a shower in the morning, if your looking for a romantic get away with your wife or girlfriend I wouldn't recommend Shore Hills Motel.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank crazpony
Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

This is an older pull-up style roadside motel, just a few rooms. Bathroom as other reviews said is tiny- shower only and toilet in a weird spot so it's a squeeze. However the desk clerk (owner I am fairly sure) was really nice, chatted with my daughter as he has a child the same age. Room was of average style for this type of property and was exceptionally clean. Like, spotless clean. Super nice linens, really decent towels and comfy bed. I am picky about clean rooms as I worked in the hotel industry for years - and I've stayed in many hotels for 3x the price that weren't nearly as clean.
Word of caution: Property can be a tad tricky to get into as you're almost on top of it before you see the sign. And of course, those weird NJ turns coming from the other direction.

Date of stay: October 2016