“Very Clean and Comfortable”
Review of Shore Hills Motel

Shore Hills Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Manasquan
Orlean, Virginia
“Very Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

With only two previous reviews, I was a little hesitant to book a room at the Shore Hills Motel, but after spending a night, I'm glad I did. We needed a room on a day's notice for one weekend night before beginning a stay with family at the Jersey Shore. It was the height of beach season and reasonably priced rooms for one night were practically non-existent. After much fruitless searching, I came across the Shore Hills and booked. We drove up from Virginia, and we were a little disappointed by the motel's outside appearance. It reminded us of a late 40s or early 50s strip motel. But we were warmly welcomed by Danny Patel and after checking in, our disappointment disappeared instantly. The room was extremely clean, fresh and comfortable. The bathroom, though tiny, was especially sparkling. The room had a high definition flat screen TV, a microwave and a small refrigerator. When we needed ice, the hosts provided it and offered more if we needed to fill our cooler for a trip to the beach. For reference, the motel is located about a 10 minute drive from Point Pleasant Beach, so it could be a place to stay if beach hotels are booked or if you don't want to pay twice the price for a room closer to the beach. The room rate includes breakfast. It was to be served in the tiny lobby area and I was skeptical about what we'd be eating based on experiences at many budget chain motels. Again, we were pleasantly surprised. We were treated to freshly brewed coffee, Tropicana Orange juice and packaged coffee cakes. Not sumptuous, but at least not stale coffee and pastries. When I returned for more coffee, a fresh pot was brewing. Since coffee starts my day, I'm always happier when it's freshly brewed. Before leaving, we spoke with owner Danny Patel, who was very engaging and interested in our experience at his motel. He said he and his family were working hard to continue upgrading it and he expressed his pleasure when we said we enjoyed our night at the Shore Hills.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank orleanjim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I am very pleased at our recent stay again at this hidden gem. The location was convenient to the beach we wanted to visit and the prices were a bargain compared to other hotels we checked out in the area before. I'm glad they have kept up with the last impression I had of this motel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MoultonBl
ft. lauderdale
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We are originally from south florida and traveled to ny to visit family. We went to the jersey area to visit some long time friends. I looked into a few hotels in the area, but the prices were unbelievable that weekend and we settled for a room at this motel. I was greatly surprised at how hospitable the staff was and how great our room was. I will most certainly stay there the next time I come and recommend it to anyone that visits the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank vickvp86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manasquan
Boardwalk Beach Inn
#12 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township

Been to Shore Hills Motel? Share your experiences!