“High Tea” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating
Manasquan, New Jersey
“High Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have enjoyed high tea at Sweet Tease 2 separate times and thoroughly enjoyed the tea sandwich selection, desserts and little cup of soup that comes with it. The tea selection is extensive. I've also picked up scones and lemon bars as well. Everything has been very good. I just stop in for coffee and sometimes with a friend. Very friendly service. You wait on yourself unless it is for high tea.

• Visited February 2014

“Nasty and RUDE staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My brother suggested I try this place as it's close to where he lives. Walked in and I guess the owner and 2 employee's were arguing. There was a line of 4 people waiting to be helped. A guy and his wife in front of me tried to say EXCUSE ME! to get their attention but to no avail. Needless to say I couldn't wait any longer and left. I never got to try anything, and after this experience I never will! It was my first, and my LAST time I would ever step foot into this place. Extreamly UNPROFESSIONAL!

SweetDetails, Owner at Sweet Tease Desserts, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
I am so sorry this was your experience at Sweet Tease. The customer experience is very important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. I have two managers, the three of us will work together along with the staff to make sure that whatever the situation was on this particular day it will be handled differently in the future. I hope you will give us another try if you are in the area. Please ask for me(Kate) if you do.
new jersey
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Checked out this bakery and enjoyed their delicious strawberry and blueberry scone-wonderful! Also grabbed so mini cupcakes that everyone raved about. Only issue was that the store was extremely hot-no a/c+baking=human melting! Could not sit down to eat-had to take it to go! Will definitely try more items though!

Visited August 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“Some of the best desserts that I have ever sunk my teeth into!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

A beautifully-decorated bakery/cafe establishment that also holds tea parties. Sweet Tease offers some of the best desserts that I have ever sunk my teeth into! I have been going to this establishment for the past 3 years, and they tend to carry different fresh-baked desserts throughout the years. I have so many favorites here; just to name a few: vanilla bean scones, salted caramel apple cupcakes, vanilla coconut truffles, and the chocolate crumb cake. The chocolate crumb cake is so moist and has a nice, subtle cocoa flavor with a drizzling of dark chocolate on top (thankfully, it's not chocolate syrup). Also, the scones are nowhere near dry and flavorless. I have yet to be disappointed with any of their baked goods, and the staff is also very friendly. The only cons of Sweet Tease is the difficult parking (especially during the summer) and the fact that it is not closer to home.

• Visited July 2013
Neptune City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was so happy that my friend and i chose sweet tease for our yearly luncheon... The food was fantastic, we had chicken pot pie, right from the oven, squash soup with apples, and a scone on the side.. to end this delightful meal we had a very delicious red velvet cup cake with our tea.. A delightful treat.........the owner very personable as was the waitress.... would highly recommend this bakery/tea room to anyone...

• Visited January 2013