“Great gem of a restaurant in Manasquan”
Review of Remington's

Remington's
Reserve with OpenTable
Remington's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Manasquan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Parker Street
Transit: 2 Blocks from NJ Transit's Manasquan Train Station (North Jersey Coast Line).
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Remington's has a great upscale atmosphere and cuisine to match. The wine list is easy with several bottles in the $25 range, $35 range etc. The food selection ranges from 100% vegan to pork, beef, fish etc. so there is something for every taste and preference. The food is presented wonderfully although the portions are not huge. You must also try some of their awesome appetizers.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went for restaurant week and they offered a very nice unique menu and the food was great. Server was polite enough but not over the top friendly and it was probably because he had six tables to take care of! Their website mentions that they have affordable wine list. I consider myself a bit of a wine snob and I don't mind paying for good wine. However, I had the List 39 petite syrah for $10.00 a glass. This bottle retails for $10.00 a bottle! I know there is a mark up but the restuarant probably pays $6 a bottle for this stuff, so let's not get greedy on the wine mark up! I would pay that for Ferrari carano in a heartbeat.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

First off, beautiful ambiance and good service staff. When the cold bread came on a platter that the server doled out we knew we were in trouble. Who gives out cold bread and not even a basket for the table? Watermelon salad was a mound of arugula, a few walnuts, cherry tomatoes, hidden goat cheese, and 4 1 inch squares of watermelon. The name of this appetizer needs to be changed to Arugula Salad. Calamari was as expected. The Ham and Cheese appetizer was also a disappointment. The ham and proscuitti were sliced paper thin and fell apart when picked up. The fresh mozzarella was cold and spreadable, not what one thinks of when getting mozzarella, and this was all served on burned toast.

The entrees were all sad with no starch or side to speak of. If they were a la carte, the waitress made no effort to offer rice or potatoes, or anything else. My lemon chicken was good, but all that came with it was a mound of arugula. My friend, who is built like a marine ordered the filet mignon and the steak was the size of a baseball and lay on a few tiny potatoes. The food tasted good, but the lack of any starch was sad.

We had 2 groupons at our table that they honored and despite getting $80 off our bill, the total still came to $100 per couple. A way over priced meal for tiny portions and no extras. Do not go here without a groupon or gift card.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I dined at Remington's last Saturday with my wife. It was a special occasion, and we were not disappointed.

Let me start out with the only caveat I have: It's not cheap. Entrees hover around $28-30 each. This isn't a bargain place, by any stretch. That said, I highly it recommend for the next time you have occasion to dine out and spend $100+ for dinner-for-two.

I've had some disappointing experiences with upscale dining. The meals are sometimes sparse and I've gone home hungry in the past. I'm not a glutton, but I should feel sated after an expensive meal. Not so with Remington's, I'm pleased to say. The portions were not heaping mountains of food, but they were enough to satisfy my healthy appetite.

Remington's scores on all fronts. The earlier reviewer who titled her review "they know how to run a restaraunt" got it right. Whoever is organizing this operation knows what they're doing. Everything was perfect: The decor, the professional and attentive service (without being intrusive), and the mind-blowing cuisine. Even on a busy Saturday night, our dishes came out swiftly. Remington's radiates competence.

We started with the calamari, which was fantastic. Then we had the lettuce wedge for our salad, a sympony of decadent delight. Bacon and gorgonzola are soul mates, wedded to flavorful perfection at Remington's.

I had the pork chop for my entree. It comes thick-cut and on-the-bone (I'd expect nothing less). It was also perfectly cooked. My wife, however, had the Chilean sea bass and she was generous enough to share.

The Chilean sea bass at Remington's is one of the greatest dishes I've ever sampled. The flavors of each bite were like a time-released capsule of pure wonder. The flavors of the polenta, for example, developed over many seconds, blossoming slowly.

As for the shrimp...What can I say about the shrimp served atop the sea bass? It was the single best bite of shrimp I've ever had in my life, and that's not hyperbole. Let's leave it at that.

1  Thank AlexanderD
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice addition to the Jersey Shore, service was great food was well thought out with nice presentation! Would go back.

2  Thank Ray C