“Very Nice Lunch”

8:00 PM
Ranked #22 of 69 Restaurants in Manalapan
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here on a weekday afternoon. The restaurant had a nice ambiance and was decorated reminiscent of Tuscany. I particularly liked the meat ravioli with mushrooms. Most places only have cheese and it's hard to find carne. My wife had the cheese which were also good as were the huge stuffed pork chops. The carpaccio was tasty with shaved parmesan and had a nice presentation. The fried calamari was average.
The service was very good and friendly. The chef even said hello. Basic presentation on the pasta dishes. Liked the mushroom and the tomato sauces. Drinks were good. House wines by the glass were fine for a nice lunch. Was not crowded for lunch which I prefer most times at restaurants that get crowded on weekend evenings. Would go back.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed February 7, 2018

My daughter's birthday dinner is always special, even if she is an adult. This restaurant has excellent food although the service is peculiar.

The wine selection is terrific and we enjoyed some good picks.

My Cesar salad was on point and cut just right; very flavorful. My wife's fried calamari was thicker walled than usual and made it more chewy than crispy.

My son's veal platter was rather sparse and tougher than expected. My paglia e fiene was very tasty with the right combination of mushrooms, prosciutto and creamy sauce. My daughter's spaghetti with clams was outstanding.

Maybe because it was bowl Sunday, service seemed unattached. Simple requests took longer than normal to fulfill and there was uncertainty in who gets what.

Overall it was better than watching the unpatriotic NFL cast of characters in costumes who disrespect our service men and women in uniform. All my brothers-in-arms should have boycotted that and all NFL games, as I have.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2017

Went there on a Saturday, lot was full, we asked for a table for 2, they said there were some parties going on and there would be a wait. We decided to wait, 1 of the owners continually came out and tried to expedite our wait giving the hostess options. Once seated, the service was great, the food was great (a little $$$$ but all and all agreeable). The Misses had the Veal Ravioli and I had the Cavatelli Brocoli Rabe (never had, it was actually quite good for Cavatelli). Make that Reservation

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

The food at Briosos is surpassed only by the service! A wonderful dining experience. The menu is diverse with gourmet composition and presentation. Whether you're looking for a night on the town or a special event...you won't be disappointed!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We had a birthday party here. The staff was fine & very attentive. The decor also was very nice. The food....SUCKED!!!
Fried Calamari...VERY salty
Mozzarella....WAY TOO salty. (why all the salt???)
Fresh tuna....COLD?? WTF???
everything else was sub-par at best.

I also thought the price of the entrees all was were overpriced for this type of place.
WILL NOT GO BACK!!!