“Always wanted to go here!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Peking Pavilion
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Manalapan
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Howell, New Jersey
“Always wanted to go here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I always wanted to go to this place because of the terra cotta soldiers out front. Then it burned down - then someone stole the soldiers! I finally got to go for my birthday dinner this year. The food was VERY GOOD. It's not typical Chinese food. A little fancy but each bite was heaven. We sat upstairs and it was very quiet. I believe the waiter was sometimes hard to find but all in all it was an enjoyable evening.

Visited April 2012

Pennington
“Great food, so so service and disappointing drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited on a Saturday night two weeks after Hurricane Sandy hit the Jersey Shore. When arriving we were told that our wait would be 1 1/2 hour. While waiting at the bar several patrons returned their drinks with complaints. Ours were made hastily and were so so. We waiting outside at a table under only one of the 4 heat lamps that were working. At the table next to us was a cigar smoker. Need I say more. We were seated in just a little more than an hour. All of these disappointments disappeared when we received our food. Excellent food. Our peppered squid appetizer was great. We had the whole crispy fish which was cooked to perfection. And the Peking Chicken was an interesting addition to the menu. There were so many interesting dishes to choose we intend to brave the crowds or go after 8:30pm to avoid them. But we will return because the food is that good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mumson2
“OK1”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I heard so much about this place and just had to see for myself.Pricey
and food was not at all worth me traveling 45 miles round trip for.
Plenty of good Chinese food where I live.

Visited October 2012
Jamesburg, New Jersey, United States
“Birthday party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My sister celebraed her birthday there over a year ago and the food was very good and averaged priced for the portion you got. Friends are always there and they never complained that the food or service was ever bad thats why you keep going back for the good food.

“Wow Gourmet Chinese!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We all have gotten used to the Chinese buffet and fast food Chinese take out but this is true gourmet Chinese. Great food!!! High quality food and great atmosphere. Busy place especially on a weekend we waited almost an hour. My wife and I both got a filet mignon egg roll which was really tasty. Great homemade duck sauce and chinese mustard that will clean out your nostrils. Excellent! As a main meal I got something I used to get 10 years ago when I was there last before the place was rebuilt. I got the grand marnier prawns and just as good as I remembered it. This is an amazing dish. 5 large lightly fried crispy prawns with their signature Marnier sauce. It is possibly the best dish I've ever had!!! My wife had the Chicken Imperial which was their General Tso's and we both agreed it was the best we've had anywhere. Large white chunks of chicken fried perfectly with their Gereral Tso's spicy sauce...excellent! Also ordered a side of chicken fried rice which was tasty after we asked for a side of soy sauce. The fried rice is different. Comes out with vegetables and looking very white like they forgot the soy sauce. We put some on and it was very tasty so ask for some. Desserts looked amazing but we were too full. It is not the cheapest place. We walked out with drinking water for $65 but left full and satisfied. Guess you can't ask for much more than that! Can't wait to go back!!!!