“Consistently Pleasant”

Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2016

We have come to this restaurant a number of times over the years. Last week we went to Peking Pavilion. We waited 45 minutes for a table despite a reservation, waited a long time for service and the noise level was so high we finally got up and left. (I'll try it again for lunch sometime when they are less crowded).

We went to Spargo's Grille which is nearby and happily it was not busy at all. The restaurant is located in a strip mall.

The service was attentive and pleasant. The food was good which it has been consistently.

The menu is limited and not far-out creative but is a cut above many local restaurants. I had the Beggar's Purse appetizer, others shared salads. The Hanger Steak was flavorful as was the wild mushroom pappardelle.

Deserts were decent as well.

We went from frazzled to peaceful in just a few minutes and all agreed we would return. The food is good, if not spectacular, service pleasant and the restaurant comfortable and quiet so you can talk.

Of course, your experience may be different if you go when it's crowded, though we have never had an unpleasant experience there at any time.

Reviewed March 20, 2016

I don't know what was worse the food or the service. Made a resorption and had to wait 45 minutes anyway. Crowded noisy place with very bad service.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

I visited Spargo's on a busy Saturday evening with a group of six. We were greeted and seated promptly. We were waited on reasonably quickly considering the restaurant was so busy. The waitress was very helpful, especially since one of our group has food allergies and the waitress inquired and responded as to exactly what would be the best alternatives for her to order. My wife and I shared the wild mushroom soup which was tasty but very thick, and the pear mixed greens which was ample and delicious. I then had the wild salmon encrusted with pistachios and perfectly prepared, hot in the middle but not dry at all. My wife had the stuffed sole which she loved. Others at the table had the strip steak, short ribs, tuna (that was the woman with allergies) and lamb, and everyone cleaned their plates! We did not have dessert but it looked great at other tables.

The only negative was the young lady at the front table who came to see if we were done (I guess our waitress was busy) and was somewhat rude and curt. Otherwise, we all had a very enjoyable and special experience and will return soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2016

My friends and I, a group of three couples ate at Spargo's last night. To our surprise, our "revisit" was well worth it. The food and service were excellent. We all had the tasting menu of three courses and what a deal! When you go with a group, it is so convenient to have a fixed price to simply split. Most important, the food was scrumptious. I had the Shrimp San Diego as an entree and the best shrimp dish I've had in years. Great food--great everything.

Reviewed December 10, 2015

We were 20+ women from our Book Club eating dinner together to celebrate the holidays. We had a lovely three course dinner at Spargo's early dinner. Everyone enjoyed the food. I had the fish and it was excellent. My neighbor had the chicken and it was very good. All had a good time. The service was excellent.