“Consistently excellent”

Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been going to Spargo Grille since it opened and have had some of my favorite meals there with my wife as well as friends. The scallops there are my favorites and always cooked perfectly. The service is as good as the food. This place does not serve alcohol asnd is a byo which I prefer

1  Thank Iraw

Reviewed June 25, 2012

There are a lot of great reasons to eat at Spargo's. Good food, good atmosphere, friendly wait staff,and it is also BYOB!. Tim Murphy is the owner and is usually onsite. Food is always very good. He has a new menu with a healthy option. If you haven't tried Kale and want to, then order the Kale salad. I had always wanted to try Kale but not sure how it tasted, well at Spargo's you will want to order more. Great mix in the salad, great dressing and to top it off, it is healthy. Never been disappointed when eating there. He also offers catering and this too is excellent wether having a group of 10 or a party of 150.

1  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Spargo seems to be following PF Chang's recipe for succes: put out a few sexy hostesses, sprinkle a few more cute waitress or waiters and add some innovative food. Only for Spargo, the motif is Mediterranean and not Indochine.
I had the surprisingly tasteless pistachio encrusted salmon while three others chose the lamb shank which they praised as very tender. The salmon came on a bed of pina colada rice that was overshadowed by its mandarin orange buerre blanc sauce. [Don't mix the two]. The latter tasted as syrup from a bottle. To make it seem more like PF Chang's it also had one broccoli floret. As did the lamb. The lamb shank came with the de rigeur garlic mashed potatoes. I heard no complaints.
If you have a lot of money you might try the Kobe beef at $50. Salads, by the way start at $6. There is a tasting menue that starts at $38.
Service was so-so.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Recently had dinner at Spargo..........the meal simply said was outstanding............my date and i shared mussels in red sauce....my date said she wanted to take a "bath" in the sauce it was so good!! LOL....we also shared. a salad......iceberg with bacon & blue cheese dressing...main courses.......talapia for her.........ahi tuna for me.......all were..out out outstanding!!!
Dessert was to die for..................paired with an excellent California Merlot...a beautiful dinning companion ...and fine waiter service to boot.............a 5 star experience!!......I will be there in May with a large group of people..........

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I took our first trip to Spargo's Grille for our anniversary last month and we will definitely be back. We opted for the five course tasting menu and the dishes came out wonderfully. The mussels in the Sambuca sauce is a must and my husband said the Truffle Scallops were the best scallops he has ever had! Service was on point and all the staff is very professionally and friendly. Its also nice to see the owner and chef popping in and out of the kitchen, checking up on tables to see how everything is. Wonderful experience and will recommened this lovely restraurant to friends and family!