“Griled”

Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Spargo seems to be following PF Chang's recipe for succes: put out a few sexy hostesses, sprinkle a few more cute waitress or waiters and add some innovative food. Only for Spargo, the motif is Mediterranean and not Indochine.
I had the surprisingly tasteless pistachio encrusted salmon while three others chose the lamb shank which they praised as very tender. The salmon came on a bed of pina colada rice that was overshadowed by its mandarin orange buerre blanc sauce. [Don't mix the two]. The latter tasted as syrup from a bottle. To make it seem more like PF Chang's it also had one broccoli floret. As did the lamb. The lamb shank came with the de rigeur garlic mashed potatoes. I heard no complaints.
If you have a lot of money you might try the Kobe beef at $50. Salads, by the way start at $6. There is a tasting menue that starts at $38.
Service was so-so.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Recently had dinner at Spargo..........the meal simply said was outstanding............my date and i shared mussels in red sauce....my date said she wanted to take a "bath" in the sauce it was so good!! LOL....we also shared. a salad......iceberg with bacon & blue cheese dressing...main courses.......talapia for her.........ahi tuna for me.......all were..out out outstanding!!!
Dessert was to die for..................paired with an excellent California Merlot...a beautiful dinning companion ...and fine waiter service to boot.............a 5 star experience!!......I will be there in May with a large group of people..........

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I took our first trip to Spargo's Grille for our anniversary last month and we will definitely be back. We opted for the five course tasting menu and the dishes came out wonderfully. The mussels in the Sambuca sauce is a must and my husband said the Truffle Scallops were the best scallops he has ever had! Service was on point and all the staff is very professionally and friendly. Its also nice to see the owner and chef popping in and out of the kitchen, checking up on tables to see how everything is. Wonderful experience and will recommened this lovely restraurant to friends and family!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We come here often & are never disappointed. Try the tasting menu.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is our special-occasion restaurant. The food is excellent as is the service. We also love that it's quiet and has a lovely environment.

1  Thank Gloria N