“good quality hotel-near LBI”

Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manahawkin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel quite a few times since Oct. 29, 2012.
As some readers may know, this is after hurricane "Sandy" destruction down the shore in NJ.

The reception people were very cordial and accommodating to me in my time of personal
difficulty. You understand I was one of the thousands of people whose secondary vacation
home was devastated in Beach Haven West, Stafford Township, NJ.

The room was very clean, the service cordial and the personnel there showed a lot of
empathy. I would definitely recommend this hotel in good and not so good personal times.

Yes, I have stayed at this Holiday Inn a number of times and not once was I disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Manahawkin for a long weekend while visiting family - when I booked we were only able to reserve Friday night, but then Saturday night became available so we were able to stay both nights.
The rates had dropped since I had first booked the room (a few weeks prior) and I was thankful that they honored the lower rate. (and breakfast was included in the new rate!)

The hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The Maids were above and beyond friendly to myself and my family. The pool was a little outdated but clean and nice and warm. (I have 2 small children who enjoyed swimming!)

The staff at the restaurant was amazing! They were all pleasant and made us feel very welcome!! They really went above and beyond to make sure my kids were well taken care of at breakfast. (and the food was really good as well!)

We had a very positive experience and I will definitely stay there when we visit family again moving forward.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KMags27
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Place was clean and comfortable but over-priced. The staff either shrugged and indicated they didn't speak English or just ignored us. Also pass the attached restaurant. It doesn't even qualify as a restaurant. Food was poorly prepared and that was the high point of the meal.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank acmestocker
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear acmestocker,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I didn't have a reservation and needed a place to stay in this area. Options were not abundant in February, but I showed up and was given a good room immediately. The hotel and room were acceptable in every way--clean, comfortable, the wi-fi worked well, but what I noticed was the excellent service from the desk staff. Both checking in and checking out, I received friendly and helpful service. LIttle touches like that can leave a very strong impression.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I normally do not frequent holiday inns as they are usually out dated older properties. I was relatively surprised to find that this is a newer hotel. And the lobby is attractive. But my surprise ends there. The room was relatively clean except for the carpets, the lighter color definitely does not help mask any dirt. The bed was obviously sagging in the middle whether it was just old or cheap I do not know. And the beds had the tiniest pillows I have ever seen in a hotel. The doors have gaps under them big enough for a small animal to pass; including every noise from the hall. As well as the toilet ran all night long making the most annoying noise. The rooms definitely smell musty. And there was a variable crowd of men smoking right out front that never seemed to go away. Lovely air to breathe for all the non-smoking guests.

All in all I will give it an avg rating because it was semi clean, but I will not be back.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank lizzygurl1987
ramhotels151, Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for the feedback for our hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We take feedback very seriously to help improve our service and our hotel.
I will be bringing your concerns to the attention of upper management.
I really hope you decide to visit us again as we strive to give our guests a great experience at our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were thrilled to find this hotel after a long afternoon at the nearby Barnegat Light State Park. The lady at the front desk was courteous and efficient. Our room was tasteful, clean and comfortable. Internet is important and the wired serice in the room was excellent. After a long day it was wonderful, to just walk down to the hotel restaurant and not have to go out since there is no microwave or refrigerator in the room. The menu offered a nice variety. The prices were reasonable and the food was very good. We appreciated not having the boring complementary breakfast that is served at so many motels. The restaurant opened early...6AM. The selections were varied and the food and service were good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 786Richard
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The room was fairly clean (a little permanent mildew in the shower grout) and free wifi was very fast. The hotel as a whole seems to be well-maintained. The king size bed was definitely on the firm-side, but perfectly sleepable. I really only have two complaints: 1) The pillows on the bed are extremely small and uncomfortable. I would recommend bringing your own pillow if you are traveling by car! 2) While the property is in theory entirely non-smoking, various inconsiderate guests still clearly smoke in their rooms. Unfortunately the hotel cleaning staff deals with this by leaving the doors to those rooms wide open to air out, causing the entire hallway to reek of cigarette smoke - which then also comes in through the large gaps beneath all of the room doors, resulting in one's room also smelling of smoke. I very much appreciate the attempt to make the property non-smoking, but venting smokey rooms to public areas defeats the purpose.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Dave B,

Many thanks for your feedback of our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our location convenient for your needs. I am sorry about the discomfort brought by the room accommodations received. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously.

Despite your disappointment, we hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manahawkin
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
Comfort Inn Toms River
Comfort Inn Toms River
#4 of 11 in Toms River
No photo provided

Been to Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island? Share your experiences!