“Decent food, but felt nickled and dimed to death. Bathroom is awful.”
Review of New Horizon Diner

New Horizon Diner
Ranked #23 of 78 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Horizon Diner seems to have a captive audience, and seems to be taking advantage of that fact. The breakfast menu spells out the surcharge for substitutions ($1.25 for lettuce and tomato instead of home fries, and the list goes on and ON). I had a western omelet with eggwhites, hashbrowns, toast, and iced tea (no refills). My hubby had a western omelet with eggwhites, lettuce and tomato, a side of Canadian bacon, and coffee.The food was fine...nothing special, but nothing wrong, except for the bill, which came out to $27.00, not including tip. The service was friendly and warm, but these servers have been trained to cut waste. I'm frugal too, but seeing them pour leftover coffee from a thermal carafe back into the Bunn coffee machine made me cringe. The ladies room is in need of significant repair. Since that is a public room, it makes me wonder about the state of the parts of the restaurant that I can't see. I would not go back there unless I had read about significant improvements.

5  Thank GHartley

Reviewed November 4, 2011

This diner has at least 6 specials (3 courses) per night. Prices were very reasonable and the food was very good. There were 4 of us and everyone was happy with their selection. Service was excellent. Would highly recommend this diner.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We go there at least once a weekend for either breakfast, lunch or dinner.

It is a diner not a 5 star restaurant, so if you go there you will get plenty of just plain good food

Nick is the owner and he and his staff provide excellent service

Reviewed June 16, 2010

1) The foyer stinks! I can not be the only that smells this. I continue into the diner and the smell is gone. The smell is there every time I go which is about 4x a year. I I have only had breakfast here, american chs omelette, home fries, wheat toast. The cheese isn't melted enough and there is too much of it. The home-fries are average and the toast is good. Yet I come back regardless of the stinky foyer and eh-omelette. Imo, their location is what keeps them open.
2) My father LUVS this place and their food. I am not with him for many of his meals but last visit there he had a spinach omlette with dry rye (yuk) but he was happy. So I guess to each his own.

Reviewed February 25, 2008

Every time I drove by this place, it was always crowded. I wondered what on earth they were giving away.

I was at the DMV and needed to wait a while, so decided to run to this diner for a quick lunch. I had my 4 year old daughter with me.

Sure enough, 2 in the afternoon, the place was mobbed. We choose to sit at the counter in lieu of waiting 15 minutes for a table. We ordered a simple burger deluxe to share.

Food came out quick, and there was a lot of it. Problem was, it really wasnt that good. Sure, I enjoy getting a lot of food when I eat out, but if the quality is just fair; I dont need extra.

Maybe it was too busy of a day, or maybe the chefs were new. Not sure. I would try it again, but I wouldnt go out of my way.

1  Thank jerseygirl196666