“Local favorite”

Pietro's Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 81 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Manahawkin has grown exponentially In the 40 years I've lived here. The Pizza and Italian cuisine found here has always been a favorite. This strip mall restaurant has grown in size but under 2 different names in all that time has been the best in town. At least in my opinion. Located in the old part of town where the road to LBI was once located. Now Rt 72 leads to LBI. Great food. Neighborhood ambiance. Can't go wrong.

1  Thank E S

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Visited Pietro's on Mother's Day with my husband, daughter and 4 grand children. We did not have a reservation but they quickly accomodated us with a smile. My husband has Celiac's Disease and they have a very nice gluten free menu. He had the GF Ravioli's and said they were very good. He also enjoyed their fresh mozzerella and tomato salad very much. All of our dinners were delicous. Thank you Pietros for a lovely meal.

1  Thank beachnut530
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I live in Manahawkin and I've been a customer of Pietro's for over 10 years. I can remember before they had the restaurant and it was just take out pizza. Without a doubt the best pizza in the area, and I've had the others (Joeys, Anthony's, Brick Oven, Fusario's...). I really care about good pizza, I will seek it out. Pietros is one step higher than the rest in terms of quality, consistency and service.

For example, I know someone who eats Fusario's literally every week, a regular customer. I'm not saying that extras should be expected, but it helps when the owner throws you something good every now and then. Nick at Pietros once gave me free garlic knots just because I've been a long time customer. At least twice I've had free drinks. I do not ask for or expect free food or drink but I sure remember when it happens and that is reason 99 I will continue to eat at and recommend Pietro's. It makes me feel like a valued customer.

I recommend the Mikes Special, look at it on the menu it's the best non-pizza item they have.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We love it at Pietro's. We go here at least once a week! Staff is friendly and food is always great. Whether a sit down meal or take out pizza and subs the food is fabulous!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have been coming to Pietro's for over ten years and it has always been a favorite. Family from north jersey always insists on coming here. They usually get take out and bring it home for the next day too. We have had Christmas eve dinner here, the food is that good. No matter what we order, pizza, subs, dinners, salads or soups it is always delicious. The one thing that truly set Pietro's over the rest is what he did right after Hurricane Sandy. The night after the hurricane after spending the day gutting our house we were hungry. The area still had no power so we were planning on driving out of the area. We were shocked when we drove by and saw a few cars and National Guard trucks at Pietro's. Nick was making pizza by candle light. He was hardly charging anything for it. After spending the entire day gutting our house this was such a welcome surprise. Almost everytime we get take out the owner insists on giving you a free bottle of soda and if you buy 10 pizzas you get one free. Pietro's has always been a great place, great food, great service, incredibly friendly and caring. You cannot go wrong with Pietro's.