“Your Average Applebee's”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Your Average Applebee's”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This Applebee's is no different from any other Applebee's, with some menu items great, others not so great. Much of their food is too salty, but their New England Clam Chowder was delicious (it was the soup of the day). We went on a Friday, and the place was crowded with elderly patrons. And the darn restaurant only has three handicap parking spaces -- imagine! Definitely not too considerate from a corporate point of view. I only go there because my son loves Applebee's, but I'm not into chain restaurants. He had a pasta dish (chicken pasta with cheese?), which he enjoyed. I tried the grilled chicken wonton tacos, mainly to see what it was. It was pretty good, but way too salty. In general, I like their soups and salads, but the chicken dishes are not great.

• Visited June 2013

Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Don't underestimate this place because it is a chain”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I admit it; I tend to downgrade casual dining chains. I am not French nor European; for some reason most of the casual dining places taste the same. But this Applebee's was great. This area was dealt some blows by Hurricane Sandy but the place appears resilient and determined. The service was top notch and the food was quite tasty, chain or no chain. One of the truly great things is their menu has meals under 550 calories, but the chef/kitchen staff do an excellent job of making the food taste great. Everyone at my table cleaned their plates and all three had the user 550 menu. Kudos.

new jersey
“Sunday at Applebee's”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The three of us went to lunch at Applebee's. We all ordered the new French Onion soup. It was hot and delicious. Perfect for a cold winter afternoon. My better half and I ordered the boneless buffalo classic wings. They were moist and spicy but not too spicy. The blue cheese dressing could have been a little more generous but otherwise they were very good. We had visited late one night and they were not good. But they have improved. Our son ordered the new pretzel sticks with cheese sauce. It was a generous portion and yummy. They serve Pepsi products which is a plus for us. The day we visited was $5 wing day which made it even better. I saw in the menu there is a lady's night on Wednesday with pitchers of sangria. I might try that? Overall it was a good afternoon meal. This place has uncomfortable booths we usually op for a table for this reason.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Apple of my eye!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great food! Friendly, courteous and attentive staff. Our food was hot and tasty. We go here a lot and have always been satisfied. They also honor Veterans!

“2 For $20 is the way to go”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I have seen the ads for their 2 for $20 many times and wanted to give this a try and was glad I did. We started off with a choice if appetizers and went with the spinach, artichoke and cheese dip. This was very tasty and a nice portion of fresh hot tortilla chips came with it. Next our choice of dinners. We went with the 7oz.sirloin and choice of two sides and the blackened chicken and pasta dish, both done to perfection. Two nice size dinners and and appetizer for $20 is a Great deal. This is a nice night out for little money