“Excellent food, reasonable prices”
Review of La Bamba

La Bamba
Ranked #41 of 78 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Nice place, friendly service , creating a family atmosphere Transforming a daily dinner an unforgettable experience All featuring with the wonderful flavors of the Mexican cuisine ,Visit us and discover why we have THE BEST MEXICAN FOOD
Pennsylvania
“Excellent food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The food at this restaurant is wonderful. If you enjoy food from the Puebla region of Mexico, you must try this place. The staff is very attentive, the portions are large, and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited November 2013

Long Beach Island, NJ
“The Real Thing.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

How wonderful to find real Mexican food right in Manahawkin. No Tex Mex here, my friends.

I even brought a neighbor who spent over 20 years in Mexico City to La Bamba for lunch.
She gave them a thumbs up. My boyfriend and I went for dinner and met the owner, a delightful guy who loves his restaurant and is quite a good chef. We had a lamb soup that was to die for.
Bob had the fajitas, a generous portion of spicy meat and lots of veggies. I had a chicken quesadilla, also a big portion and tasty. We got the soup as take out and the price was incredibly fair. Maybe best of all, local latinos and their families frequent La Bamba. That is always a good sign. We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
NJ
“A great local place!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wanted to try something different than the usual mexican place in town, that has gotten a little pricey lately for dinner. We ordered takeout so I cant speak on service and ambiance as such. The woman on the phone who took my order was friendly and helpful with recommendations. Food was great, fresh and a little different. Most dishes had a bit of spice to them. Both burritos were very large and tasty. All together, we ordered three dinners, soup, potatoes, rice with beans, and fried mexican rice for just about $40. Portions were quite large leaving many leftovers. We had chicken enchiladas, skirt steak burrito and the La bamba burrito. If I had one con, it would be that there were no complimentary chips and salsa that came with the meals. Will definitely be back and would definitely recommend!

• Visited August 2013
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Great Mexican Food in a Flea Market”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Located in the flea market on Bay Avenue in Manahawkin, this casual place is truly a surprise. I ordered the tacos, which came in soft double tortillas, with generous lime wedges, grilled onions, and fresco cheese. Were my taste buds satisfied! The portion is huge, especially for the price. Unlike in many Mexican restaurants, it came without the unwanted refried beans and rice. Just the tacos! And they were absolutely delicious! Don't go for atmosphere -- there is none. But the service is friendly, the price is right if you're not getting a big dinner, and the food is wonderful.

• Visited July 2013
Beach Haven, New Jersey
“Overlooked gem”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'll probably hate myself for writing a favorable review of this place, but I want it to stay in business, so here goes! This is a not fancy mexican restaurant located in the Manahawkin Flea Market. They serve no nonsense food with very friendly service. Everything I've had here has been very good. They have all the Americanized choices along with a few "authentic" choices. Guacamole is fresh and tasty. Light, bright, festive atmosphere. Actual Hispanic people eat here. It's BYOB, so that keeps the prices low. Alright, I've done it. Hope I can get a table next time I go. ;)

• Visited January 2013