“Wonderful Valentine's Day Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Sorelle - CLOSED

Le Sorelle
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Though it appears very small from the outside, it has two very inviting dining rooms, the main room with a small grand piano, beautiful furniture and decor. The range of menu items is extensive, though very reasonably priced, especially considering it includes a replenishable bread basket, delicious salad. The food, I had the Seafood Cannelloni, others had Veal Marsala, Fettucine Alfredo, Seared Scallops with Coscou/Risotto. Everything was absolutely delicious and servings very generous. Staff was excellent. 'Le Sorelle' means 3 Sisters and is actually run by one of the 14 granddaughters in the family. This restaurant is easily handicapped accessible (as was one of our group in a wheelchair) and the staff is more than accomodating. Don't let the fact that his restaurant is at the end of a little strip mall discourage you, it is an excellent choice for dinner. Also, it is a BYOB
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Valentine's Day Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had been to Le Sorelle last year and really enjoyed it. When I planned to go for Valentine's Day I decided to look at the reviews and was disappointed to see several poor ratings. Happily, I decided to go anyway. We had a wonderful experience. The parking lot was full but we were pleasantly greeted and immediately seated. Our waitress was friendly and efficient and the food was delicious! We will definitely return.

• Visited February 2013

“Great byob restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been here 4 times , and everytimr food was great! My favorite so far is the veal marsala i asked for it over linguine. Great place!

1 Thank GriswoldsNj
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“diappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have been to this restaurant quite a few times but this last visit was quite disappointing.
Although the same folks were working the room, there appeared to be a problem since the usual
smiles and welcomes were not forthcoming.
When the food arrived it was not up to their usual standards. I later spoke to friends who frequent this restaurant and they were also disappointed on their recent visits.

• Visited October 2012
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
“So disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been to Le Sorelle so many times I cannot count. I have celebrated many dinners with family (parties of 10-12) on different occassions, have hosted retirement dinners in the gold room, business meetings, girls' night out on Tuesdays and plenty of dinners with my husband. Tonight, 1/5/13, I went to Le Sorelle with a family member (who asked to go there, from Bricktown) and my husband. When we arrived there were very few cars out front and only 4 tables occupied. I noticed the gold room was dark but still didn't think anything of it. Once inside I said to the young hostess "Three, please". She said, "Do you have a reservation?", to which I replied, "No". She said, "I'm sorry, we're booked". Shocked at her response because I knew the dining room was empty, all I could say was, "You're kidding, right?". She went on to explain that "we" lost the use of the gold room so there really isn't any room. She never made an attempt to see if we would be willing to wait or see if she could squeeze us in somewhere. I am still shocked and very disappointed. I have been coming to Le Sorelle ever since they took over for Montebello's. Their food was excellent, Service was excellent. I have recommended it time and time again. Again I cannot say how disappointed I was this evening to be turned away from what was my favorite restaurant at the shore. We went to the GrapeVine and had a tremendous meal.

PS There is no sign or posting that states reservations are now required. Soooo disappointed and I hope Theresa gets to read this.

Visited January 2013
East Coast, NJ
“What Happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have gone to this restaurant many times and found the food to be very good. We went last night 12/22/2012 with a party of 10. The service was fine. The soup was brought to the table and at best it was luke warm. Then the main dishes came and about 5 people from our group ordered the Seared Sea Scallops. I've had this dish here many times. The 5 people complained that the food was COLD. I even had the server take it back and warm it up. This seems pretty basic to bring out hot if not warm food. The seafood risotto that they serve with it had very little taste. You had to add salt for any taste. Again I've had this many times and it has been great. What Happened? New cook? New owners? Another guest ordered Seafood Diablo and said it was so hot he could barely eat it. Our table was very disappointed and the mood was not to come back. We used to like this place a lot. Something has happened.

• Visited December 2012