“A rare find!”
Review of El Senor Frog - CLOSED

El Senor Frog
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Southbound on the Parkway...looking for dinner on a Saturday evening. Found El Senor Frog on Tripadvisor and gave it a try. It was awesome!
Don't expect the Tex-Mex you find in the big chain restaurants or the tomato and chili cooking found in the American Southwest. Like one of the other reviewers, we have had authentic Mexican food in the states of Guerrero, Oaxaca, Yucatan, and Quintana Roo--and each region had totally different cooking. Up to this point, had never had anything like El Senor Frog. This was authentic cooking from the Mexican State of Puebla; with some personal touches from the accomplished chef. Expect lots of citrus, delicate spices, and large portions. We ordered enchiladas and tacos. They were great! We also received a complementary portion of pork ribs (amazing) and desert (fantastic).
Noticed that they almost welcomed special requests. Service was good. The server was very friendly and kept apologizing for bringing us more and more food. If you're in a hurry, order take out. The pace of the meal was a little slow--perhaps intentionally--to get people to slow down and enjoy the experience?
The only drawback (from my perspective) was that they don't serve beer/wine--only soft drinks. Will definitely go back and try something else!

1  Thank Grayone253

Reviewed April 25, 2012

If you like mexican food here you go! The salsa is different than most, and tasty. The dessert cake was really good. Not pricey and alot of food.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very nice restaurant with helpful and friendly staff. I don't eat meat and they are very helpful to make any of their dishes vegetarian. Their mole sauce id the best I have ever had...in Mexico, Texas, or New Jersey. Chips are always fresh and the salsa is just right.
The very best Tres Leches is what made us go back the second time. It could do without the icing, but it's still the best I have had.
Not very expensive and kinda hard to find. Near the intersection of Rte 9 and Rte 72 (towards LBI from GSP, Exit 63), in a little strip center.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants over the years, across the country and in Mexico itself, and this one ranks among the worst.
Not that they don't try; the drinks were in huge glasses and you could tell that the cook/chef is trying hard to score points for creativity, but ultimately it comes down to the food.
First, the chips and salsa: well actually, not salsa at all but a strange combination of salsa and guacamole. My husband hated it and I thought it just bizarre. The real tragedy was the chips: half crunchy and half terribly stale, which makes me believe they "consolidate" leftovers...UGH!
Next, we had the enchiladas in the roja sauce. The sauce itself was tasteless and the entire plate was covered in lettuce, raw onions, huge slices of avocado, and radish slices! What?!? Also drizzled on top was a questionable sour cream sauce.
This dish was accompanied by rice and beans. The beans almost tasted like they had a mole sauce mixed in, which wasn't too bad, but the rice looked like it took a turn in a food processor...almost mush.
The restaurant itself looks like it needs a good steam cleaning.
We won't be returning.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Everything we've had there has been amazing. Al pastor tacos are great if you like pineapple and pork. The beans with the rice are the best I've had. Chicken mole also very good. We often order the horchata drink - a huge serving of sweet rice milk with cinnamon. Such a great complement to the food.