“Very Disappointing!”

Villaggio Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #49 of 76 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Villaggio we strive to bring you fresh regional Mediterranean food in a warm and inviting setting ! Beautifully decorated to resemble a classic Italian village, our extensive menu is accompanied by daily specials like our Spanish Paella! This local favorite is served tableside. Lobster, shrimp, scallops, mussels and clams over saffron Spanish rice make this a must have dish! We have been in business since 2008. Our Fall and Winter Hours of operation are Tuesday through Sunday from 11am-10pm.We also offer breakfast Saturday and Sundays as well as an early dining menu from 3pm-5pm weekdays. We are closed to the public on Monday. Parties of 80 or more may inquire about booking our entire restaurant on Mondays.We Cater onsite and offsite parties. Our Private Banquet Room is ideal for special events such as Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal showers, Baby showers, Birthdays, Christenings, Business meetings, and Seminars. We take special care to make sure your evening with us is a most memorable one! B.Y.O.B
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Very Disappointing!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

As a steady local customer since its opening, I decided to try Villagio under new ownership & a new menu. We were a table of 4 guests...one seafood paella dish, two chicken Francese & one Chicken Saltimboca. All three of the chicken dishes were very poor. The chicken was tough and chewy though did not appear to be overcooked. The saltimboca was supposed to be in a marsala sauce but turned out to be nothing more than beef broth! The waitress was about the worst I have seen in any restaurant. She was very scattered and forgetful...to the point that she forgot to serve our salads before dinner and appeared confused that we would even ask about it...well, it was part of the meal! The menu prices are high enough that I have the expectation of good food and good service. After enjoying many dinners and family functions in this restaurant in the past, I am sorry to say that I will not be returning.

• Visited August 2013

“what a shame”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

nice interior. food seemed soaked in oil. there was about a half inch of oil slick on top of my french onion soup, not kidding. porterhouse steak was cooked to my liking, but again sitting in a huge puddle of oil. service was very slow, hardly saw the waitress, but the staff was pleasant. overall dissatisfied with this place and would not go back. they must be buying their oil by the drum.

• Visited August 2013
“poor excuse for a restaurant”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went there tonight with a party of 6, ordered the special that was labeled filet, got it and it was the worst piece of meat one could ever ask for (tasted frozen and gamey). Talked to the new owners wife and all she said was I am sorry. We get our bill and there was no credit given. The service was horrific, the server did not tend the table like one should. Had to ask for everything multiple times in hope of getting it. Such a shame because the potential is there as a location but in regards to quality of food and service, you are better off going to Olive Garden. We try to support local businesses as much as possible but with owners and management like that, it makes very hard to.

• Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“I really wanted to like it”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As a local resident, I want to like Villaggio. My wife and I have been there about 5 or 6 times. We have seen the place just kind of do a slow slide over time. I don't think we will be back. The restaurant seems dirty, the food just ok, and the prices a little high for what you are getting.

There is an Olive Garden about a mile away. While I want to support the local restaurants over the chains, it's hard when the restaurant is bad. It's a shame too, because the restaurant has a nice interior.

• Visited April 2013
“Great place!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here for my bday dinner with 6 other friends. We sat under a perhola table inside and it was cute setting! We had music played by guitar and singer guy, and my steak and salad were great! Not dirty at all! Ignore that review in my opinion!