“Great place”

Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my kids last week. Ideal location as we were headed up to camp in NY.

We upgraded for an extra $20 and had a nice room and got to make use if the concierge lounge for evening snacks and breakfast. The staff were excellent throughout - with the young woman in the concierge lounge if particular note. Super friendly and helpful.

By default I always stay in Marriot's but this was as good as any Marriot we stayed in and I would try Sheraton again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ADR99
Richard G, Director of Sales at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Andy8712,

Thank you for choosing Starwood Hotels and Resorts for your lodging. We have an excellent location headed to NY State. Our Club Lounge offers great benefits and value to our guests. Thank you for the positive comments about our friendly and accommodating service staff. We will share your kind words with our team members. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The area was quiet and the hotel was very clean and well kept. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area. I didn't eat at the restaurant because there are plenty of places to eat not too far away.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Don P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lodging experience! We appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness and well maintained facilities. We are close to excellent shopping and dining as noted. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel was impressive looking from the outside. Interior is clean and modern as you would expect from a Sheraton.The staff was pleasant and helpful.
I only ate 1 meal at the restaurant and the herb chicken dinner and Manhattan clam chowder were good.
USA today newspapers were available all through the hotel each morning.
The only negative to me was the lack of anything in the immediate area for entertainment, shopping, or eating. I did not have a car and wanted a late night snack and there was nothing - not even a gas station in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Richard G, Director of Sales at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Timekeeper13,

Thank you for sharing your lodging experience and choosing the Sheraton Mahwah Hotel. We appreciate your kind words and positive feedback about our beautiful facilities and good service. There are many fine retail and food service establishments near the hotel but only accessible by car or taxi. Our front desk is happy to recommend local merchants for a variety of services and activities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a really nice hotel and in pretty decent shape considering its age. Great location right off the interstate and quiet, with more parking than I have ever seen at a hotel. Actually the parking is a bit scary as it is a distance from the hotel and not right in the front door face like most hotels. So if I were a thief, this is the parking lot I would begin with because it is huge, far enough away from the action of the front doors to the hotel, and there is nothing and no one around the hotel that would deter a car thief. There are 2 choices for parking. One is covered in a parking building and one is open. Both fall into the category I mentioned earlier. Just an easy place for theft. Also there are signs everywhere telling you that you park at your own risk. Imagine that!
Stayed on the Club Floor and the room was great and bathroom in great shape. Club lounge very well appointed with free food at night for Club Floor level guests and a free breakfast in the morning as well. Coffee around the clock in your room or Club Lounge.
Very good hotel other than the parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry8241
Richard G, Director of Sales at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Larry8241,

Thank you for sharing your experience and comments. We have plenty of free parking as noted and the hotel has 24 hour security that monitors both the covered parking and the open lot parking lot. Both are well lit parking facilities, the hotel has a reputation for safety. It's great to see you enjoyed the Sheraton Club floor with all the amenities and services available to our VIP Guests!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you want a hotel next to a mall or restaurants, this is not for you. I love this hotel because it is located far from the hustle and bustle of the downtown. You will never find issues with parking. Very easy to reach just off NY thruway or I 287. Breakfast is great, spacious rooms, there is a pool and gym.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ben P

Thank you for sharing your experience. The hotel is in a idyllic setting with beautiful views of the Ramapo Mountains. We have ample parking with easy access from all the areas major highways. We are glad to see you enjoyed our indoor pool and Breakfast! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Richard

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Having travelled from Paris for a high level medical conference in Baltimore I had further business in Franklin Lakes so I booked a few nights ... The hotel was massive, huge entrance of arena proportions but with a bar the size of my little local bar in Paris and astonishingly to me it was not accessible to me in my wheelchair ...

I'm pretty easy going with access issues especially in older places and being 20 odd years in a chair I've coped with almost all situations but to be honest I can't believe the bloody bar of a modern expensive hotel is located where I just can't reach with out a ramp .. (Non existent ramp .)

Very disappointed and surprised that this situation exists..

• Stayed: May 2014
Richard G, Director of Sales at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear ThirstyfromParis,

Thank you for sharing your comments and experience. Our deepest apologies for our lack of proper accessibility to the Atrium Lounge. As noted the hotel bar is small in comparison to the facility and lobby. We are working on a solution to expand the lounge and provide easy access to all guests. Our service team is trained to provide food and beverage service in the accessible lobby and Link@Sheraton. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Richard

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Pet friendly. Room service. This is one of those grand hotels that is a prime place for a conference. Our goal was to have a good jumping off point to get to the Tappan Zee Bridge, cross the Hudson into New England. Given its proximity to I-95, I-87 and I-287, the hotel is ideally located, and hard to miss since it is the largest building in the valley. The rooms are outstanding, very clean, very quiet. It was so nice, we stayed to enjoy the room a little longer than normal (we are chronic early risers) with its views from the 18th floor and let the rush hour traffic disperse.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Richard G, Director of Sales at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear h603,

Thank you for sharing your experience and great comments about our facilities. Our ideal location and tremendous views are enjoyed by many travelers. Our convenient location make us a perfect choice when traveling through the NY/NJ area. We will share your comments about our clean and comfortable rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank You!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Sheraton Mahwah Hotel? Share your experiences!