“Excellent hotel, will be back!”

Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Ste-Marguerite-du-lac-Masson
“Excellent hotel, will be back!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Excellent service, great rooms, very clean, amazing swimming pool heated to perfection. It was the first time I stayed at a hotel and didn't hear any noise in the hallways or other rooms. The hotel wasn't full, but they didn't book the rooms beside one another so I enjoyed the best night sleep ever, in a very comfortable bed after taking a swim in the pool. The gym is also great, it had better equipment than the gym in my town! I had breakfast at the hotel brunch, it was a bit expensive, but the food was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I did not stay here, but I hosted a meeting here. To summarize this pro list, I definitely recommend this location to host a meeting. This only need a pro list

Pros:
1. First off, ask for Staci Tritschler if you are planning a meeting. She is on top of her game and will give you excellent service. We had someone call in two days before the event wanting a hotel room and she set up a special discount for us even that close to the event.
2. The meeting spaces are great. There are some on the 12th floor with excellent views. They can partitioned off to make the space just the right size.
3. The food was excellent. We ordered the least expensive buffet package and our guests thought we ordered a premium package.
4. The pricing was very reasonable for the experience.
5. The location is perfect for guests from all over. We had guests from Jersey, Pennsylvania, Long Island, Westchester county NY, and Connecticut and everyone thought it was extremely convenient to get to. It is called the Sheraton Crossroad because it is on the “intersection” of Route 17, Route 287, Route 59, The New York State Thruway (Route 87), and 21 miles from the Tappan Zee Bridge.

If you want to host a meeting at an impressive location without spending a fortune, I highly recommend the Sheraton Crossroads in Mahwah.

Room Tip: If booking a meeting, check out the 12th floor meeting rooms. The views is great.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Chose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah because it is one of the preferred hotels in my corporate list. Stayed for 2 weeks (18 Feb - 1 Mar 2013), had a very memorable and totally unforgettable stay.

Am typing this in the room on 15th floor now, my last day of stay here, am kinda sad to leave here. Will give my reviews below:-

Pros
1) Room is very clean, well maintained. Bed and pillows are extremely clean and comfortable. Radio is a perfect daily companion. Coffee machine makes delicious Starbucks coffee! And everyday I get a complimentary bottle of purified water, clean sheets, tidied bed, fresh towels, etc. Absolutely fantastic, everyday I look forward to coming back to the clean and fragrant room. Oh, not forgetting I have a great view of the beautiful sunrise every morning... absolutely lovely!

2) Air conditioner/Heater is great. It's close to end of winter now, still chilly, but the heater works great. It comes with low fan and high fan options - high fan perfect for heating up the room fast when I get back from the chilly weather outside, low fan absolutely great for sleeping, warm yet not hot. High fan is a little noisy, but nothing too disturbing.

3) Staff here are brilliant! Room service is quick and food served hot (Thank you John!). Restaurant staff are polite and friendly (I won't forget Lucy, still love your lovely hair and smile, hope you like the poem!). Cathy, the lady who prepares the breakfast at the club level almost every morning, is friendly and always smiling. Great to start the day with Cathy around. Front desk staff are generally nice (Thanks Jon for passing me the parcels I get everyday. Lisa, you'll look very pretty if you smile more. hehe). And not forgetting Marie, the friendly lady who drives me back to hotel from office almost every evening, thank you for being always so cheerful and chatty! And of course I thank each and every staff member whose names I unfortunately did not note down! Thanks for making my stay unforgettable!

4) Limo service guy Boris is a very amiable elderly guy who has lived in US for 40+ years! haha, very friendly and chatty. Thanks Boris for sending me to and from Woodbury Common and JFK airport!

5) Laundry is quick! Able to get back nice and clean clothes within a day if send to front desk by 9am! Absolutely impressive! A little lint found on shirts, but nothing too unsightly.

6) Wifi reception is fantastic. Fast and reliable! I'm using the wifi to surf the net now.

7) Convenience/Gift shop is not spectacular, just a corner little shop on the mezzanine level, but contains everything you need, from toiletries to snacks to fruits to postcards to stamps! Everything you want! Friendly shop owner too. :)

Cons
1) A few glitches in the evening shuttle service. Need to keep better records of where/when to pick the guests. Christine, the Director of Rooms, personally emailed me to apologize though, after a colleague helped me call to complain. No biggie, forgiven! :)

2) No in-room safe. I need it to keep my valuables and passport. Don't prefer to leave them with the front desk safe.

3) Bathroom does not have sufficient shelf/cupboard top space to place toiletries.

Think that's all!

I wanna express my utmost gratitude to all the staff of Sheraton Mahwah for making my stay so memorable. I will be back again, at least once a year for work. Will definitely choose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah again because of you guys!

2 Thank dracwy
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm writing this review from the Sheraton Mahwah Hotel during the second of a two night stay (2/16 - 2/17).

Overall the hotel and my room are clean and comfortable but I do have some concerns two which should not have occurred in the first place and another about the quality of the construction and location. I must be honest that the first three concerns were quickly addressed by the hotel but the third one persisted once security left the floor.

Concern # 1: The hotel cleaning staff took an inordinate amount of time to clean the rooms on the floor (they were still cleaning after 3:30 PM and were noisy in the process slamming doors and talking to each other in a loud voice. This complaint comes from someone who wears two hearing aids and did not have them on during the period. I also had the TV on in an attempt to drown out the noise.

Concern # 2: The Fountainview Restaurant buffet breakfast was passable but it was obvious that the staff was not refreshing the food in a timely manner leaving it dried out (french toast and eggs come to mind) well into what should be the peak of the breakfast service at 9:00 AM. Wait staff were attentive.

Concern # 3: It felt like the hotel was overrun with kids. This might be due to the fact that my stay coincided with the President’s Day weekend but the point I would like to make, as another reviewer also noted, is that the walls are paper thin and conversations can be heard from adjoining rooms and especially from the hallway. I rejected my first room out of hand when I could clearly hear the kids next door and the hotel staff took immediate action to move me to another room sending someone up with a key to a new room. On the second day kids were on the floor and running up and down and in general being kids. Management sent security up and the situation died down for a little while but then arose again. Moral of the story: don’t stay here on a holiday weekend if you want a quiet stay.

Concern # 4: In looking at online reviews of the hotel I must concur with another visitor from December 2010 who wrote about the location of the hotel as well as the parking situation. This traveler wrote: "The problem was if I wanted to get a quick bite to eat (not in the hotel) it was a nuisance to get back on the highway because of the way the roads are configured. Also, I don't know who designed the hotel but who puts the parking lot so far from the front entrance? It was cold and very windy so maybe in the spring it would be better but I can't imagine lugging my luggage so far in any season."

Hotel management responded in the expected manner pointing out the hotel's location at the intersection of three interstates as well as the fact that it is set back a good distance from the road. Management's comment about the closeness of available eating options left me scratching my head though when considering that one of the main points the earlier reviewer is making is that the roads are confusing and I would beg to differ when they write: "Traveling the short distance from the Sheraton's parking lot to Rt. 17 is relatively direct..." I would like to have gone out but chose to stay in to avoid this exact issue.

They also addressed the parking situation noting that there is a covered parking lot but I must confess that I was surprised to find that out and leads to my final observation that the road signage is inadequate.

Georgia523
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We got this on a discounted rate during off season? If you call Christmas off season. Staff was friendly, room was clean with a great views. We enjoyed our stay and will stay again. You just don't get a continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great room - comfortable bed, not enough storage space, but we were only there overnight. The gym was very nice as was the breakfast buffet. The pool was over-run with toddlers, so husband couldn't swim, but we celebrated a birthday at the disco. Shallow tub, but good water pressure in the shower. Excellent staff.

Room Tip: If you can get the "Club Floor" (22nd) for under $150, it is worth having access to the lo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Sheraton Mahwah Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Nes56,

Thank you for sharing your experience as a recent guest of ours. We've recently extended our pool/fitness center hours so guests can enjoy the facility a little earlier and later at night. I feel confident this will increase the likelihood the pool will not be too crowded. Thank you for your business.
Christine
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Interesting place. Half of it is a hotel and the other half is an office complex. The hotel was very clean and my room was quiet. I have no complaints about the hotel itself. The pool was nice so was the hot tub. Because it is an office building they have a cafe that is reasonably priced open during the week for breakfast and lunch that is much MUCH cheaper than standard hotel food.

What I didn't like about the place was the sleazy men in and around the bar area. Apparently there are men and women who go there to meet prostitutes... Yuck!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Travelgirl05667,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your most recent stay. We appeciate your recognition of the cleanliness of our hotel. We consistently receive top scores regarding this most important area. We hope you come back and visit soon.

Travelers are raving about these Mahwah hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Sheraton Mahwah Hotel? Share your experiences!