DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Hampton.com
$151
$119
$81
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
$98
$110
$103
HIExpress.com
$94
All reviewsboom burgercookiesdouble treefront deskattached restaurantnew jerseythe king size bedpleasant experiencerooms are cleanmahwah njplenty of parkingindoor poolbusiness tripup to dateconvenient locationmonajennifer
Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was for a major convention at MetLife Stadium in E. Rutherford, NJ. I give this hotel four stars. Booked a room with a relative but traveled together with another family in their van. Another couple with another family followed us on another vehicle, meaning that a total of eleven souls came in two vehicles to book rooms at Doubleby in Mahwah. I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear "192Luisp" Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review and for the excellent feedback! We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here over the past weekend to do some shopping at the Woodbury outlets with my wife. I've stayed at probably 40+ hilton brand hotels, and this hotel I feel is the worst Hilton brand hotel i've stayed at. 10 minutes before I'm even acknowledged at the check in. 20 minutes to check in. Room was not ready yet, even though it was 5 pm, 2 hours past the 3 pm check in time. Pay for internet service. Really? Found a kleenex in the bed, makes us wonder if the bed was even changed before our arrival. Extremely disappointing in every aspect.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mhalfpen
Jon S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear mhalfpen, I would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review, however I am sorry that my team and I were not able to deliver our normal excellent service and accommodations. I do apologize for the delay in checking in as well as the other challenges you faced. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further at jon.schorr@hilton.com. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Overall a nice stay. Breakfast does not come with the room and is a bit pricey. The pool was nice and the workout space acceptable for aerobics and light free weights. The lack of water in the cooler was a bother. The staff were very helpful and the room very comfortable. Parking is not an issue. I would recommend asking for a room toward the back of the building since HWY 17 is very noisy 24x7. I would recommend eating a the State Line Diner across the freeway. They have wonderful food 24x7 at a very good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear NorthwestSensei, I would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! I am glad you had a chance to enjoy our indoor swimming pool as well as our State of the art fitness center! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent accommodation at an affordable price. Staff members are caring and helpful. Complimentary internet at the guest room, free morning newspapers and coffee at the lobby are nice features. Warm cookies during check-in is a good gesture!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear M Ruhul A, Thank you so much for the excellent Trip Advisor review! My team and I appreciate your feedback and love it when our excellent service is recognized! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We flew to NJ for a family high school graduation event and stayed at this hotel because it was the closest property to event location. This is an old property which has had some upgrades. Our King 1 Bed Suite was spacious, the bed linen was crisp, the carpet new, the furniture fell into the 'traditional' category and had been re-upholestered. The bathroom however did not receive many (any?) upgrades and gives away the age of the property. It was small and dated.

We tried to order an On Demand movie. When I called Reception to report a problem with our movie selection I was told, in a polite but thinly veiled brusque manner, that they didn't have On Demand. Then why am I seeing a list of On Demand movies?! (I suggested he might mention to management it's ridiculous to display entertainment options that you do not provide.) I've travelled the world and stayed in countless hotels. I've never come across this before.

The welcome cookie and size of the room notwithstanding, I would not return to this particular hotel again. There's nothing horribly wrong here, but with other properties in the area I really think one could do better.

Room Tip: Reject 221 ... it's single window looks over the rooftop with ugly hvac equipment
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kate M, Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your King Suite and found it to be spacious with crisp linen!! I did want to inform you that this hotel does not offer On-Demand movies, however the response you received from the Front Desk was unprofessional and I am terribly sorry for the way that your questions were answered. We do hope to see you again soon and thanks again for your feedback!