“Well run and very comfortable”
Review of Courtyard Mahwah

Courtyard Mahwah
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel has recently been renovated and is very pleasant. The well maintained grounds are good indicator of a well run hotel The whole place has an clean, efficient but comfortable feel.

All the staff were very friendly, accommodating and efficient. The lobby area is a great place to hang out or work. The breakfast selection and food were excellent. The rooms are very clean with good amenities and a very fast internet.

Great value for money and will definitely stay here again in the future

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel away from the highway if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests are pleased.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed excellent customer service over a 5 day stay. Highly recommend this hotel. Found the staff to be very pleasant and service oriented, looking after all of our needs and requests. It was a pleasure to stay there. Will certainly return. Clean and well tended pool area also.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane68Ma

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff collectively strives to give our best to our guests. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel would have gotten a very good review if it weren't for the maids. They obviously do not know how to honor the do not disturb sign here so be ready to get woke up constantly while sleeping with them banging on the door. My check-in went smoothly and the room was clean and comfortable. But on the day I was to check-out.... I had a late check-out of 2pm and the maids decided to knock on my door FOUR times between 11am and 2pm. Even after I answered the door the first time explaining I had a late check-out. They started at 11 am... and normal check-out wasn't even till 12pm! It was absolutely ridiculous and upon leaving I complained to the operations manager about how tired I was since I had gone to sleep early that morning and needed the extra hours undisturbed to sleep and got a I'm sorry but I didn't see the maids knocking. It was very clear that he could care less. Terrible way to treat a platinum member!! If your looking to get good sleep this isn't the place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I am very sorry this incident during your stay took away from a totally pleasant experience. I can understand how you may have felt and it is disappointing. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss this.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed over a Saturday night with a bunch of my friends to go hiking the next day. The Hotel was very clean and it had been recently re-modeled. The rooms are modern, spacious and very clean with balconies. The Hotel Staff were very accommodating and friendly. The hotel is close to many food places and stores. The only thing is that there is no whirlpool, but at least they still have the pool.
I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

We are happy that you had a GREAT time. We certainly value your feedback and are thrilled that you like our remodeling. We like it too. :)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We drive to RI fairly often and like to stop midway to avoid rough traffic through Connecticut, especially on Friday night. This is conveniently located for us, and we enjoy Marriots in general. Had a king room, small sofa, desk area. Sink is separate from toilet area, which I love. Makes it easier to share with spouse when not fighting over bathroom. Small fridge and coffee maker. Ate at the Bistro, french dip was good although on the small side, burger was larger. Overall a good experience for us. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura99

Thank you for choosing us as a stop on your way to New England. Convenient to a few major roadways, we oftentimes get travelers looking for a place to rest, refresh or just relax. Some, unlike yourself, are not familiar with the Marriott brand so it is great when we can offer a consistenly pleasing stay to our loyal customers and bring pride to the brand.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and have never had a problem. The location is conveniently located on a popular drive and is close to many restaurants. The staff was fairly friendly and helpful on my first stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

While our location affords our guests access to major roadways, it is a convenient stopping point for many. It is always great to meet new friends passing through and for them to have a pleasurable experience is like sprinkles on ice cream. Glad you enjoyed it. Come back soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Traveling for business is never fun but when ever I'm in the area I always choose this hotel. I find the staff to be really friendly, outgoing, and helpful, the always know the best places in the area and their new bistro is not only convenient but is yummy. I've been staying here for years my room is always spotless. I'm loving the new Starbucks.

Room Tip: Any room is a GREAT room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Our business travelers are very important to us and while we know it isn't always easy to be away from home, our staff tries to make all feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. It is great to hear we are doing well in keeping our guests happy. As for Starbucks, it is a popular draw to our Bistro, glad you are lovin' it.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Courtyard Mahwah? Share your experiences!