“Had a Great Time”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
long island, NY
“Had a Great Time”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed over a Saturday night with a bunch of my friends to go hiking the next day. The Hotel was very clean and it had been recently re-modeled. The rooms are modern, spacious and very clean with balconies. The Hotel Staff were very accommodating and friendly. The hotel is close to many food places and stores. The only thing is that there is no whirlpool, but at least they still have the pool.
I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jeaneane, General Manager at Courtyard Mahwah, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We are happy that you had a GREAT time. We certainly value your feedback and are thrilled that you like our remodeling. We like it too. :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We drive to RI fairly often and like to stop midway to avoid rough traffic through Connecticut, especially on Friday night. This is conveniently located for us, and we enjoy Marriots in general. Had a king room, small sofa, desk area. Sink is separate from toilet area, which I love. Makes it easier to share with spouse when not fighting over bathroom. Small fridge and coffee maker. Ate at the Bistro, french dip was good although on the small side, burger was larger. Overall a good experience for us. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura99
Thank you for choosing us as a stop on your way to New England. Convenient to a few major roadways, we oftentimes get travelers looking for a place to rest, refresh or just relax. Some, unlike yourself, are not familiar with the Marriott brand so it is great when we can offer a consistenly pleasing stay to our loyal customers and bring pride to the brand.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and have never had a problem. The location is conveniently located on a popular drive and is close to many restaurants. The staff was fairly friendly and helpful on my first stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
While our location affords our guests access to major roadways, it is a convenient stopping point for many. It is always great to meet new friends passing through and for them to have a pleasurable experience is like sprinkles on ice cream. Glad you enjoyed it. Come back soon.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Traveling for business is never fun but when ever I'm in the area I always choose this hotel. I find the staff to be really friendly, outgoing, and helpful, the always know the best places in the area and their new bistro is not only convenient but is yummy. I've been staying here for years my room is always spotless. I'm loving the new Starbucks.

Room Tip: Any room is a GREAT room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Our business travelers are very important to us and while we know it isn't always easy to be away from home, our staff tries to make all feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. It is great to hear we are doing well in keeping our guests happy. As for Starbucks, it is a popular draw to our Bistro, glad you are lovin' it.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been frequenting this property for business for a few months now and have yet to be disappointed. The staff takes care of their guests and extends every possible courtesy when available. I have witnessed them perform services with friendly and impeccable professionalism. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. The hotel was renovated just a few years ago and the amenities are extremely comfortable. Without question, this is one of my preferred properties when I travel. I would definitely recommend this as a great place for leisure or business stays.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face Rt. 17 are the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that our staff was able to make the time you stay with us your home away from home, thats what we strive for.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had a great time at this hotel. I booked a guest room with king bed, was upgraded free of charge upon check in to a one-bedroom suite with king bed. No problem with the check-in/check-out staff. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
To achieve excellence isn't easy. Our staff works hard to get there. It is great to hear when we make it.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was suppose to charge me ahead of time but didn't charge me til FIVE days after I checked out. I booked it ahead of time because I had the money in the account but because they stated they would take it out I used the rest of the money to book the rest of my vacation. So FIVE days after I check out I get a charge on my account for the full amount. I contacted the hotel and accounting office and they responded then ignored my further emails. They stated I had insufficient funds when if they charge me when they were suppose to the money for the deposit and the room would be there. The money was there when I booked it. I don't believe it's my fault they didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Insulting me and ignoring me is NOT good customer service and I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. On top of that I have to wait 3-5 days for the gm of the hotel to contact me. Stay here if u want to be ripped off and ignored.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Achambers119
Jeaneane K, General Manager at Courtyard Mahwah, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your candid review, please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had with the billing portion of your stay. I appreciate your personal feedback and our hotel team will most certainly learn and grow from it. As you can see from the positive reviews that we have as well as our internal survey this billing experience on Advance Purchase reservations is not typical of the service that we strive to achieve and deliver. I welcome you to call me directly if you would like to discuss the billing of your reservation in more detail. I can be reached by calling the hotel at (201) 529-5200.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Courtyard Mahwah? Share your experiences!