Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah
Comfort Suites(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
$104
ComfortSuites
$68
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
$98
$100
$110
$90
All reviewsfront deskgas stationroom locationbusiness travelwoodbury commonsbusy highwaybed and pillowsone night stayfree weightscomfortable stayconvenient locationthe room was nicedefinitely stay here againnew yorkup to dateindoor poolhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2008

This hotel was pretty good, especially for the money. The front desk clerk was probably the nicest one we had ever encountered. Right away this made us feel like we had made the right choice.

The room was weird because the bed is sideways. This threw us for a loop at first but we adjusted. The tv is outdated, but we feel that every hotel should be on to LCDs by now. Not only that, but there is no wireless, and that is just plain bad. I finally settled in and got comfortable in the bed with my laptop, only to find there was no signal. I ended up having to get up and sit at the desk, which was less than ideal.

The bed was quite comfortable, and the room was clean. The toiletries were pretty good. I did not like the fact that the bathroom sink was out in the open, instead of behind a door... I woke my husband up getting ready the next morning.

We had a courtyard view w/a balcony, which was good. The location leaves something to be desired, just because Rt. 17 is a drag... you have to take exits and follow convoluted U-turns just to go to a restaurant or gas station on the other side. Other than that, for the money, the hotel was comfortable and adequate.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We wanted to look for a place that was simple and not too far away from Woodbury Commons. We decided on Courtyard by Marriott. We had stayed at another Courtyard about two months ago and was pleasantly surprise with the new layout.

Check-in was simple. We walked in and was greeted at the front-desk. We got into our room and it was nice and clean. It was smaller then our last room at Courtyard but we had a balcony this time. My suggestion for a room.
- Stay away from rooms facing the route 17. You can hear the car/trucks roaring by.
- The rooms facing the their courtyard is not too bad. But you can still hear the cars/trunks roaring by.
- The rooms facing the mountain is the best. You window is not facing any major roads.

We stayed in the room facing the courtyard. At night you can hear cars/trucks going by.

Internet service is free in the room and in the business section hear the lobby.

No refrigerator in the room.

The pool is in the opposite side of the lobby which is in the back. The pool is twice the size of the other Courtyard we were in last. However, during our visit one of kids pulled the underwater light fixture out of hole in the pool. (near the aft sign) facing the back wall. That was scary. Didn't know if the kids would be electrocuted. Called hotel manager and reported it. You don't need to bring towels as they provide it in the pool room. If they run out of towels call the front-desk and they will bring some over.

The gym is near the front near the front-desk. One treadmill, one Elliptical machine, one bicycle and one all purpose weights machines. There are also free weights in the room. There is a TV but no remote control. Towels are provide in the room.

Other then that we had a comfortable stay. There is a Dunkin Donut behind the hotel and a restaurant called Mason Jar about 500 feet of Route 17.

No major complains. Save your money on the breakfast buffet and go to Panera which is about 2 miles north of route 17.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank VideoTravelsOnline
Reviewed February 26, 2007

the bedroom - everything is fine - comfortable beds, clean, small but functional
bathroom - ok but suggest several improvements: there was one hair in the bath room wall and the sink can be further cleaned; water pressure is not ideal so we took extra time to shower; light in the bath room is not bright enough
hall way is clean, and our room was located near the elevator and ice machine we did not hear a thing
lobby - clean
front desk - good services
property - clean
breakfast - good choices
in-door pool - OK, but the temp of the water can be adjusted higher - i.e. 90 degree F will be more comfortable for a small child.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank eastsidewestside
Reviewed February 15, 2007

The hotel was a pleasant place but there isn't a whole lot to do especially if you don't have a car. I had to walk kind of behind the hotel to go to either Dunkin Donuts or a Pizza place. This area is like a truck stop, nothing special. There are sandwiches & salads in the lobby but that is like a last resort. The hotel is nice but they don't have much to do. They only have a little gym and a pool which looks nice but someone said that it has so much chlorine in it that his skin was burning all night even after taking a shower. They do have a computer in the lobby for you to use for free so that was nice. The room was pretty clean but I am picky so I think it could have been cleaner because I did find hair on my bed & on some towels. But the bed was comfortable & the room is a nice size you don't feel cramped at all. My room was facing the highway so be prepared to hear traffic all night long but I'm used to that so it didn't bother me too much. The room also gets very hot, so many people said how they were so hot that they had to open windows. I wouldn't go back to Mahwah if I had my choice but if I need to stay there again I would stay at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Contrary to everyone's comment about thin walls; you may hear your neighbor while sitting in complete silence, but once the HVAC unit is on, you might as well be sleeping in the hotel alone. I had a noisy neighbor, but the only time I heard him was when I was in the hallway outside of my room . The staff is knowledgeable of the area (especially in the evening before 11PM) and can give you a great selection of local eateries. There is a market that you can grab snacks, drinks, etc. 24 hours, also a great perk for a weary traveler or a late night partier. Not far from NYC and there is a lot of public transportation very close by for a nice day trip. Not much to do in this area besides shopping and a couple local night spots (Nyack, NY). A nice place to just relax...

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo