“BED BUGS -- DONT STAY IN THIS PLACE”
Review of Super 8 Mahwah

Super 8 Mahwah
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed there for one night . The next day I had bed bugs bites on my neck and biceps. I had second thoughts the moment I walked into the room

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank thearlh

Reviewed May 22, 2010

This place is the worst! When we checked in we found mold in our room and hair in the bathroom and someone went to the bathroom in one of the beds! I had trouble breathing. We checked in to another room but, it had a Smokey smell. At least we got a refund. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE DUMP! Go to a competitor!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Mitchellthetraveler
Reviewed February 10, 2010

OK, now many of you may say that you deserve a nasty room if you are a smoker, and I expect that there will be some burn marks on the furniture , carpet etc, but, I didn't expect the following in my room:

1. Dried up semen stains on the carpet (at least I think that's what they were?)
2. Blood drop stains on shower curtain.
3. In two areas of the walls by the coat rack and desk, it looks like someone sneezed or picked their nose.
4. Sheets and linens looked really old and nasty.
5. Light bulb missing in one lamp.
6. House keeping staff did a spotty job of vacuuming/cleaning.
7. Internet service almost non-existent. They said it was because of the weather.

I stayed here for one night because of a major snow storm and had to be to work the next day. My job is less than one mile away from the hotel.

I will be staying at the Doubletree right next door next time around. Gross!

The best part I can say is that out of the 150 or so rooms, maybe there were 30 people there that night so it was really quiet on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Middlet0wn
Reviewed December 8, 2009

My husband and I wanted a reasonably cheap hotel to stay in for our shopping trip to Woodbury and booked into Super 8 Mahwah for one night. I was initially skeptical having read the reviews but it turned out pretty ok. As we were not familiar with the highways and the hotel's name did not turn up on the Garmin we were using, it took us a while to get there from Manhattan. We had to try the GPS again as we came nearer to Mahwah and the hotel's name popped up.
The 2 x double bed room was sizeable although a little tired looking but it suited us just fine. We could fit our 5 luggages into the room and still lots of room to walk about. Bathroom had little cracks here and there but hey, as long as the shower works well, who's complaining - this is not 5 star after all. Only 20 minutes to Woodbury and only USD69 a night, it's a cheap decent place to stay. Don't expect great service and you will be just fine....

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I placed a morning call for 8:30 am, the phone ring at 3:50am.
During the breakast, my wife asked a little bit more jam, the answer is : you got waht you have here.

The front desk (the girl with glasses) was cold , no smiley...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Junkie2mtl
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I have never felt the need to write a review before this - but I must spare anyone the horrible experience of staying at this hotel! It was absolutely filthy and the smell in the entire hotel was sickening- no housekeeping unless demanded (even then they just "cleaned" the bathroom). The staff was very rude. So not worth saving a few dollars!!!! I will never go to this hotel again - I hope you don't either!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank OhioFamily7
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Easy to get to on Rt. 17 but that causes you to hear road noise if the room faces the road. Seems newly renovated and was beautiful inside. Worth every penny and it wasn't expensive.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Best Western The Inn At Ramsey
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 8 in Mahwah

Been to Super 8 Mahwah? Share your experiences!