“Average food as was the Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mason Jar

Mason Jar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mason Jar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Mahwah
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: When you're looking for good food with family, a drink with friends, or even just a place to watch the game, come see what's cooking at the Mason Jar! We believe that variety is the spice of life so our menu is all about options. Choose from a crisp salad, mouth-watering BBQ, fresh seafood, and so much more! But don't forget about our famous Sunday brunch! Mason Jar also features a full bar with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday from 4-7pm. Grab a couple of co-workers and wind down after a long day with our signature cocktails and draft beers. With 8 big screen TVs, Mason Jar is the perfect place to watch the big game! Join us on Thursday nights during football season to cheer on your favorite team. We also host live music every Friday and Saturday night! Enjoy the weather out on our beautiful dog-friendly patio with your favorite pooch or a seat at our spacious bar. At Mason Jar, we want your visit to be a fun and enjoyable experience! We're committed to friendly service, delicious food, and a welcoming atmosphere. When you're in the mood for food and fun, come down to Mason Jar for a good time!
PA
“Average food as was the Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was not sure what to expect based on the previous reviews. Stopped by for dinner this evening and found the restaurant fairly empty. A few groups came in, but definately not busy.

The asian boneless wings were more like nuggets with sauce.

The chicken fajitas were ok/ The chicken and onions were seasoned and cook well. The beans had little flavor and the rice was bland.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Mpls, MN
“It is what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

It's a nice place with a large menu so everyone should be able to find something to eat. The food and service have been good when I have visited. I will go back when in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Far Hills, New Jersey
“Great Brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited the Mason Jar for a Sunday Brunch recently and was pleasantly surprised! It was one of the better brunches we've had. Great selection of breakfast, lunch, and dinner foods. We had a large group (12 people) and there was no issue accommodating us. The waiter accidentally spilled a little of someone's Mimosa on my shirt - and it was no big deal at all. He came back with seltzer water and let me know they would pay for the dry cleaning. It was totally not necessary, it was just a little orange juice. I didn't take advantage of that but it was nice to see the effort without having to ask.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Dont Dare Complain”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by some colleagues who we were working with, and on our first visit I could not have been happier, nice food, friendly service and the manager even run us back to our hotel at the end of the evening.
As for our second visit........my colleague asked for a "Blue" steak which they had done perfectly on our previous visit, however this time it came out blacker than Satan's bum !!! it had a crunchy thick black charcoal coating and was generally not good.
Unfortunately that was the good bit, when he sent it back we were then confronted by what we assume was the chef shouting "what's wrong with this steak..... That's way we do them here"!!!!......"Do you want it cooking more" ??..."Less"??...."That's the way we do them here"! !!!!!
Now I always thought that the USA had some of the best customer service in the world, but coming out and loud mouthing your customers in the middle of the restaurant because they have dared to complain about a poorly presented meal is not the way to deal with a complaint !!
And just as a matter of fact when serving food you should be doing it the way the customer wants it.........not "That's way we do them here"!!!!
My own meal was fine and the waitress was polite throughout and in fact looked somewhat embarrassed of the way we ,or rather my colleague was treated by the ignorant ,rude and totally unprofessional chef.

Did we visit again...NO

Will we be recommending it to our colleagues who visit in the future... DEFINITELY NOT, in fact quite the opposite.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Werdnac250762
New Jersey
“mediocre food + REALLY bad service = bad idea...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We live a few miles from The Mason Jar and decided to try it, since it was my birthday - which my wife mentioned to the manager and the hostess on the way into the restaurant. It was 4 pm on a Monday and the main dining room was deserted - just us. (1) Despite this, the hostess did not bother to escort us to our table - she just threw two menus on a table that we had to locate ourselves. (2) The table was dirty, and it did not have a salt shaker, either ketchup or steak sauce (odd for a steak/rib house), or a sugar container. (3) The waiter then came - 20 mins later. (4) My wife's order (shepherd's pie + mashed potatoes) was OK, but my order was not: 3 out of 4 items (the "Texas Chili", the "Rib Lovers" mixed rib plate, and the creamed spinach) came to the table cool - not even warm (remember, the place was not busy) - only the sweet potato fries were edible. (5) The waiter never came back until we called for the bill - that's when he bussed the dishes. In sum: (a) My birthday dinner was spoiled; (b) Had we read the reviews on this or other web sites, we would not have come this time; and (c) if there are 13 other restaurants in Mahwah, then The Mason Jar should be rated 99th! PS #1: I ran a short-order restaurant over 25 years ago - I know how to set up & manage a kitchen so that customers get hot food, and I know how to hire & motivate wait staff so that customers feel they are getting served - not being suffered. PS #2: As a result, I planned on the way out to say something (or some ten things) to the manager - a tall guy in his mid-late 50s with salt-and-pepper hair - but, when we left, he was busy chatting up the useless hostess!

• Visited February 2013