“Tea-riffic little place”

Bon Appetit Tea House
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Mahwah
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My daughter and I love frequenting tea rooms. Little did we realize that this little gem was so close to home. The atmosphere is enchanting and the china elegant. The owner/hostess is a sweetheart and could not do enough for us. The selections of tea are vast and the tea itself was delicious. Mine was a chocolate caramel and it was yummy! The finger sandwiches were very good and fresh. The scones were large and with the cream-fresh and lemon curd added it was heavenly. The desserts were small but very rich and again very good. A browse through the little tea boutique as you first walk in was a fun way to end the meal. There is also a bakery and little cafe attached for a casual bite.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

While visiting from Texas I treated my Mahwah friends to a special themed "Downtown Abbey" tea party here.

Customers were encouraged to dress in that period & a trivia contest was held about the popular t.v. show.

The tea was amazing! My favorite was the Earl Gray Cream. The other tea we sipped at our table was cranberry and very flavorful.

The ambience was first class thanks to the opulent decor, linen, silverware, tea service & chandeliers.

The three tiered savories, scones & sweets melted in your mouth.

The staff was very friendly. The owners Ed & Semera made you feel at home. Semera was very knowledgeable about teas.

No finer tea time could be found on the East coast!

3  Thank divamomone
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have been to Bon Appetit three times. The desserts are amazing and their food too! I was surprised when I ordered a sandwich it also came with a healthy salad on the side. The owner and staff are so friendly. There is ample seating and parking too. I came across this hidden treasure on Franklin Turnpike.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I took our 13 year old grand daughter out for tea at this beautifully decorated Victorian tea salon. It is actually part of the renounded Bob Appetit bakery and cafe, so before you leave, you must go to the bakery and buy some French desserts, cookies and quiches.
The tea room is a delightful sight . Hand made pictures decorate the walls, battenburg lace table cloths, lace plate mats with china and silver, chandeliers, and 3 tierd service in the center of the tables adorn the room.The ambiance takes you to the finest tea salons in London.
Each person receives their own generous pot of tea on a warmer. An elaborate tea menu is offered with a selection of teas from thoughout the world. We decided on having the "Victorian" tea, which is a large pot of tea, soup and salad and then the 3 tiers of plates containing finger sandwiches, scones, with cream and lemon curd, and desserts on the top. The service was excellent as was the food. Throughout tea, classical music is played in the background to sooth your mind and soul. i absolutely loved it here! The friendly owner/hostess, Samira came to our table and we had such a congenial conversation. She decorated the entire room herself! After we finished tea, we wandered over to the small giftshop on the way out, which was filled with all those little Victorian things that you must buy and try to relive this experience at home. Cards, china, bookmarks, gifts and handmade boxes for bridal showers.etc. I highly recommend this beautiful salon for a romantic afternoon with your sweetheart, or for a bridal or baby shower , a birthday, a quiet time with friends. They don't have a liquer license, but I was told that you can bring a bottle of champagne if you'd like to make a special occasion even more special.
Please make a reservation so they will be expecting you and have the time to properly prepare your tea experience.