“Best diner you'll find in North Jersey”
Review of State Line Diner

State Line Diner
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Mahwah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great food, quick service and a great selection. My whole family loves State Line. Plus, they have amazing baked goods. You won't be disappointed.

It gets jammed around dinner time and for breakfast on the weekends.

1  Thank allyjacks0601

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Seems as though the dinner is back on track. Been here a couple of times again recently and it is back to the state line I knew.

1  Thank MRM1952
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place never disappoints. The question is are you going for the food or to see who is there. On the weekend the place is packed. You can't go wrong with the eggs and toast and coffee.

1  Thank Sheryl T
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Can recommend this spot - has a good value and is an excellent experience for dining out!
Spread the word, when in the area that this spot is easy to reach (a bit hard to find parking during busy times) but nevertheless well worth it!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Being a student at Ramapo College, only a stones throw away from State Line, I've been here numerous times. And somehow, each time I enter the establishment I am more and more disgusted with the level of service that I am given. From the moment you enter- you feel unwelcome. The manager always seems to be miserable that another person would walk through the door to bother him by wanting food in exchange for money. And if the owners do not want people to come in to eat after 9pm, then they should close at 9pm rather than advertising themselves as a 24 hour establishment. I understand that I am a college student and looked down on because of my age, but last time I checked my money was just as good as the next person. I order real meals, and I tip well even when I wait over 30 minutes for my food even though my table is the only table in the entire restaurant. Never in my life have I experienced this level of poor treatment in an service oriented establishment. Having my server shout from across the restaurant when I politely asked for a refill of soda, after they walked away because they couldn't remember that it was sprite. But the part that really takes the cake is the fact that I've waited more than 45 minutes for my bill after finishing my meal, all the while my server was chatting with the managers and texting a mere three tables away but couldn't be bothered to check on his tables. While it may be the most convenient place to go for a late night meal, I will never set foot in the State Line Diner again.

3  Thank Sanddollar92

Been to State Line Diner? Share your experiences!