“great service, even better food!”
Review of Mahwah Bar & Grill

Mahwah Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Mahwah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Tried this place on a friends recommendation. Wow...do not judge a book by its cover...A corner location in the town of Mahwah, New Jersey, this little gem of a restaurant was quite a find. Some of the best freshly made crabcakes I have ever had. Our server, Cassidy, was attentive and very knowledgeable regarding the menu selections. The owner was there and stopped by our table to chat, and when my husbands chicken was not quite up to his expectations, not a question arose...just a quick trip to the kitchen and the chef and a new plate was presented to him with no issues and the offer of a free dessert for our inconvenience. Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food is average. I cant see why this place is always packed. It's nothing to write home about. and it is so loud, that you get a headache before you leave. So if average food and a pain in the head is what you are looking for, this is your place.

1  Thank MRM1952
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've have eaten here twice and would eat here again. The food is delicious and the wait staff is well trained to make sure your experience is a cut above. We were visiting with two other couples and one person accidently put their horseradish sauce on their salad. They confessed the horseradish sauce was too hot for their taste. The waitress noticed their salad was covered with it and immediately replaced the salad with a fresh one and different dressing. The customer never asked to replace the salad but was so grateful they did.

The outdoor patio is nice. It can get a little noisy with traffic. They also have a popcorn machine that is available for munching but I was too full from my entree.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food was not very good. There are plenty of other places to go. They mention their burger is famous. It was dry. I would not recommend.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The restaurant is off the beaten path in a nice old building. We were seated promptly upon arriving. From what I could see, it looks like there are several sections to the restaurant. The menu was standard pub fare, but was served promptly and was tasty. The beer menu was nice, with several nice draft choices available. If you are looking for chain style glitz and glamor, then this is not the restaurant for you, but if you want comfortable neighborhood style dining, then this might be your place. Our server was kind and friendly, and service was good. There was also a nice dessert menu. I will be back if in the area again.