“Pleasant Stay in Mahwah”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
“Pleasant Stay in Mahwah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

Spent one night here due to a family event in the area. Booked the room through Hilton's website. Received the AAA discounted rate of $107.00 for a 1 bedroom suite with a separate sitting area. I have to say my girlfriend and were pretty impressed with the accomodations. Though we didn't have a need for it, the room came equipped with a small kitchen that had all of the necessary utensils one would require if you wanted to eat in the room. We had plenty of space and having a separate living room comes in handy if one person wants to stay up a little later and watch T.V., while the other goes to bed. The breakfast was more than adequate. All in all if staying in the area again, we would definitely put Homewood Suites at the top of the list.

• Liked — separate living room
  • Disliked — Beds a little soft. Need to be upgraded.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank MrAbruzzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2006

Very clean. Nicely appointed rooms. Beds were uncomfortable. Mattresses felt a bit cheap.
Breakfast was above average.

Great for family and business travelers.

• Liked — The suite layout and breakfast
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Familytraveler2
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times - and never a problem - until 2 weeks ago.

Upon check-in, I was told I had a non-smoking room. I asked 3 times of the clerk and was assured that it was non-smoking. As soon as I opened the door it was clear - this is a smoking room. I called the front desk - the clerk was "surprised". She called me right back, there was a mistake - come back to the front desk.

I arrived, was given a new key - a non-smoking room. I went to that room, opened the door - a smoking room - uhg! I then returned to the front desk where I was told they didn't have any more non-smoking rooms.

Here is what they did for me: They planned for me to pick up keys to a room the next morning and when I returned from the office, that room (a non-smoking room) would be ready for me.

Of course, that next morning - the manager and clerk on duty didn't have a clue - there was no communication between shifts. They were obviously perplexed and the manager made a decision - giving me a key to a room and stating - it is ready now - I was shocked! "Ready now!?!" - "yes" was the reply. I went to check it out - this is 7:45am - I went to that room and it was ready and non-smoking. This room was obviously unused all night - there is no way the cleaning crew did this room that morning already - no way!!!!

Moral of this story - like all hotels in the Mahwah area, get there early and check-in. I have been travelling to the area regularly since 1998 and have had this happen at nearly every hotel there. This is a first for the homewood. Once I had a non-smoking room, it was as pleasant as ever.

I won't comment on smoking or smokers - but sheeesh!!!!!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank thew0nderdad
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2004

As a frequent traveler (Diamond Hilton Honors), I have always enjoyed the Homewood Suites hotels. I had the pleasure of staying at this Mahwah, NJ hotel in July 2003. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff was professional and accomodating. If I am in the New York City area in the future, I will stay here. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2003

What a lovely hotel! The rooms are actually two rooms with a kitchen in them. This was terrific so I could heat up my one year old's formula.
The breakfast was fantastic and free. And the staff was extremely helpful. Would definetely stay there again when I'm visiting my relatives in Mahwah.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Courtyard Mahwah
Courtyard Mahwah
#3 of 8 in Mahwah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah? Share your experiences!