“Very clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here after a bad experience at the Hampton Inn in Nanuet, NY. The hotel in Mahwah is much nicer -- cleaner, newer -- and we had a very nice room. Staff was pleasant. The room was quiet despite the proximity to the highway. Nice place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fairly easy location off of 17S. Business trip for three days and picked a Hilton property. Upon check-in, I thought my room smelled unpleasant. When I called the front desk, they immediately offered to bring in an air freshening machine and it did the trick. Full hotel did not make changing rooms as option, but the staff was tremendously helpful in correcting my issue. Standard Hampton Inn room appointments, but as I have found, the staff makes the difference between a pleasant stay and a work stay. I would go back here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed one night prior to flying out of JFK. Reasonable rate. Exceptionally clean. Room and linens smelled fresh. We left prior to hot breakfast being open. Cozy room. Highly recommend. My husband enjoyed the size of the flat screen.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hampton is ALWAYS my hotel of choice and I was not disappointed on this trip either. I came to NJ to run a Spartan Race with my family. The hotel business center let me check my final race times. The pool let the kids burn off some energy. Hampton was a great place to relax after the Race. The next morning the breakfast was varied and abundant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Extremely soft linens and a comfortable bed made for a luxurious sleeping arrangement. Plush towels added to the experience. Unfortunately an over-anxious staff knocked on the door twice prior to expected check out time, the first time at 9AM. We would have like to sleep in a bit. This was the last night of our first vacation together. We found the room comfortable and would stay here again as long as we know our privacy prior to standard check out hour is respected.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived very early in the morning, so our room was not ready. This was expected but however, everything we wanted was to have access to the business center. The lady who was at the front desk did opened it immediately. She also offered to keep our luggage in the storage room. It was really convenient and kind of her as we were going shopping all day at Woodbury Common Premium Outlets 20 minutes away.

We're back to the hotel exhausted. The room seemed really quiet and very clean at first glance. The bed was extremely comfortable and clean.

What messed a perfect stay is mold in the shower. There was mold around the shower where the sealant joint is made. We did not have the energy to go back down to ask for another room back up and transfer our luggage to another room. So we ignored the inconvenience ...

Too bad they had the perfect score before we saw the shower.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roadtripalways
Celeste J, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

RoadTripalways,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your delights and concerns with our property. I’m glad you were satisfied with our services and conveniences while you were staying with us and at the same time disappointed regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom accommodations. I hope this experience hasn’t given you a poor taste in your mouth, the next time you plan to visit Mahwah. My staff and I do not take cleanliness issues lightly. We are working on sterilizing EVERY bathroom and re-caulking to diminish the potential for any mold to grow. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify your reservation name and hope you can contact me directly regarding your comments so I have chance to speak with you further about your next "RoadTrip" to Woodbury Common and how our hotel would love to be a part of that! Thank you again for your kind and constructive words. Speak to you soon.

Yours Truly,

Celeste Johnson
Hampton Inn & Suites, Mahwah, NJ

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel was clean, bright, and well appointed. Staff was very friendly, courteous, and professional. I highly recommend this hotel. This was a family trip, and this hotel exceeded everyone's expectations, even the two college guys. Comfortable queen beds were like sleeping back in my home.

• Stayed: May 2013