“you must stay here!!!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Brooklyn, New York
“you must stay here!!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

this has been the best hotel stay ever!!! the room smelled clean and fresh, the toilet and shower was sparkling clean, the linens were like brand new, beds were comfortable, pillows were abundant and fluffy, blanket wasnt some fuzzy old rag but a regular quilted one. tons of towels in the room plus you were able to get as many as you wanted from housekeeping or front desk. got tons of shampoo, mouthwash,conditioner,lotion and soap from housekeeping when i asked for one. refrigerator and microwave were brought to room within 10 minutes after i let the front desk know i would need it. breakfast was unbelievable!!! yogurts (all flavors) muffins,donuts, fruit, cut up fruits, waffles, cereal, bagels, bread, assorted cereals, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, home fries, waffle sticks, juices, coffees, cream cheese,butter, peanut butter etc.

Rosa is awesome, make sure to meet her! you will love her immediately! she kept refilling the food every 5-10 minutes she looked at you and without saying a word she knew exactly what you wanted and brought it to you with a huge smile! she even gave me crayons and coloring pages for the kids and mints. my stay was AWESOME! i definitely will return!! thank you HAMPTON INN staff for providing excellent service and going above and beyond!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank honestyisthebest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Uetikon am See, Switzerland
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Newer Hampton Inn, Rooms are OK and clean, for business purposes (just sleep in hotel and internet connection) this hotel offers good value for money
Tip: if you want a calm room, requset one not facing the street else it can be rather noisy

Room Tip: Request calm rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My wife and I have a house full of kids and grand-kids, so we like to just check into a hotel on occasion and enjoy some alone and quiet time. In many cases, we visit Hampton Inn's for these getaways, since they are almost always clean, comfortable, and have the basic amenities we want. Two amenities on which we insisted for this trip were an indoor pool and in-room on-demand movies, both of which are listed on the hotel's website. In the case of the pool, when my wife and I went to go swimming, the water was very. very cloudy, and we were reluctant to swim. We asked at the front desk, and they said it was fine for swimming, but they would contact "engineering". We decided not to risk it. A few hours later, we went back, and the pool was "closed for cleaning", so clearly there was a problem. The end result is we did not get the promised amenity. I understand these things happen, and if this were the only problem, I would write it off as bad luck.

What is not bad luck is that the hotel's website specifically lists "TV-Pay per view" movies as an amenity (I just checked it again), but no such option is available, just basic cable and HBO. This may seem like a small thing, but we would NOT have booked this hotel if we knew that option was not available. Felt a bit like bait and switch.

I will say that otherwise the hotel is a typical Hampton Inn. Spotlessly clean and well appointed. If we were in the area for a reason other than a "get-away from home" weekend, we would return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LYHtraveler10
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Very happy with this property. Cleanliness is my top priority and this met my expectations along with a fresh modern decor. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well - which I very rarely do in a hotel. Impressed that the duvet covers are washed after every guest - SOMETHING THAT ALL HOTELS SHOULD BE DOING!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Diane M
Mid-Atlantic
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My husband stayed here for a recent event at nearby Rockland CC and was pleased that everything was just as he wanted it to be. He appreciated the competence of the staff and the convenience and amenities of the hotel.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Canopus
AlbanyL
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed for one night while on the road. The hotel is quite new and clean. Rooms are a little on the smaller side, and beds can be more comfortable. Also the counter in the bathroom was surprisingly high. Very good value though.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AlbanyL
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night and it was a wonderful experience, especially for the price. I was in the area for an event at Rockland Community College several miles away - across the state border in NY. The location is great - not far at all from my destination. The hotel is relatively new, and it shows. Both the exterior and interior look fantastic and clean.

My room was great - in excellent shape and also very clean. I even had a pretty good view out the window. My sleep quality was very good instead of excellent because the walls seemed somewhat thin. There was a family in the room next to mine, and I could hear the mother and very young child too well at some points. Fortunately the child must have slept well at night, and I just kept my fan (heating/cooling) on all night.

The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. I had lower expectations about what was offered, especially after other hotel visits where hot breakfast was advertised but not so great. The staff was very friendly and did an excellent job - great service all around. I interacted with Norma several times and she provided excellent customer service, making me feel welcome. She did such an exemplary job that she should be commended - she is an asset to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo