“Reasonable option if traveling in this area”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mahwah
Magnolia, Texas
“Reasonable option if traveling in this area”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel was a good stay when working at a nearby business. The hotel is just off a main road and convenient to reach. The location was somewhat isolated and would require a car in most cases, although they did offer a shuttle to nearby locations. My room was pretty basic, perhaps since it was an "accessible" room as I did see some rooms that seemed more traditional "suites".

The hotel was quiet although my room was opposite the main road so can't say true for all rooms. There is a Hindu temple next door although very little activity when I was there during the week.

Check in was simple, although I did find that since I arrived after midnight, they had charged my card before I arrived.

A breakfast is provided, although very basic with mostly coffee, rolls and fruit.

I would stay in the hotel again if in the area for similar business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank TxLonestar
Nishant_Patel, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear TxLonestar,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your stay in June 2014. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations entirely. It is now apparent where some improvements can be made at our hotel; which is why we truly value your feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Staff and Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here as it was close to a mountain where I was running a race.
the pros: hot tub is HOT and open VERY earl and VERY late.
bed was very comfy
room was super clean

the cons: guy at front desk was a huge pain, because my boyfriend made reservation, but i arrived first (boyfriend called ahead of time and gave them my name, and i was even willing to give front desk my credit card for security deposit!). Manager resolved this immediately, and looked annoyed with front desk guy.
I then got to my room, and while key card worked, the door was jammed, so i had to switch to room directly next to elevator.....so there was definitely more noise.
This is my real gripe: i asked for an extra blanket and towels (asked for no housekeeping, during 2 night stay), and thy said "no problem, will be there is a few minutes." Of course, they never came.

Staff at desk was rude, noise from parking lot was LOUD very late (people were tailgating i think???), but bed is comfortable, room clean, and hot tub open late.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robin C
Nishant_Patel, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Robin C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel in May 2014. We sincerely apologize that your overall experience throughout your stay seemed to be significantly below your expectations. Our goal at the Fairfield Inn & Suites – Mahwah, is to strive for excellence and exceed our guests’ expectations. It is more than unfortunate that you experienced multiple issues during your 2-night stay. We greatly value your feedback; as it has given our front desk staff, housekeeping, engineering, and management team the awareness and motivation to improve several aspects of our hotel. Once again, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, and truly appreciate your review.

The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Staff and Management Team
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Nice clean hotel. Nothing spectacular about it but did the job as we were there only to sleep. Breakfast had a good variety. Staff were friendly. Easy acces highway. Only disapointment was that we had requested upper level room but were given ground level.
We went shopping at the woodburry outlets and hotel was approx 20 minutes away. Very to get to from hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jmare
FFIS_Mahwah, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Jmare,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel regarding your stay in April 2014. We are very pleased to see that a majority of your stay seemed to be quite enjoyable. Although, we do sincerely apologize we were unable to honor a higher floor that you had requested. Your review has encouraged our hotel staff and management team to exceed expectations for all current and future guests. We hope this incident does not prevent you from returning to our hotel in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is your typical budget hotel, near an expressway. However, it falls a tad shorter than the usual fairfield experience that I have had in the past. This may be partially because on the evening of my arrival, they were sold out and so they gave me an "accessible" room and I really do not like those rooms. There are no restaurants in a walking distance, so you'd have to either order in, or drive at least 2 miles. If you're Hindu by religion, you'd see a very nice temple behind this property, you don't even need to drive - you can just walk to it. The staff is friendly and nice and the breakfast is the usual fairfield fare. What was missing though was a waffle maker which was there at the Fairfield in Jamaica NY (*Queens) and a couple others that I stayed in before. Overall, there isn't anything negative about the hotel but there isn't anything quite exceptional either - hence the rating of "Average".

Room Tip: Avoid the accessible room if you don't realy need it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank PM-DEL-82
Dear PM-DL-82,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel in April 2014. We apologize that we were unable to meet all of your expectations during your stay. It is unfortunate that you were displeased with the accessible room you were checked in to; in addition to the waffles missing from our breakfast. We certainly appreciate your detailed review; which has only made our staff and management team to strive even further to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope that you will choose our hotel for your hotel accommodations if you happen to be in the area again in the future.

Chester, Vermont
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a family vacation in NJ, the staff Be, Rich and Nerys were over the top accommodating or needs. We traveled with 2 sets of older parents, one who had medical issues and the staff went above and beyond to help make sure all of our needs were met. The hotel was very clean. Our stay was during a National youth hockey tournament and was booked completely, yet there was very little noise during quiet hours. The woman who was overseeing the breakfast are was so pleasant and made sure everything was fresh and full. Thank you to the staff for making this such a special family vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Deb E,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel in April 1014. We truly appreciate the lovely review you wrote about your stay; especially about the excellent staff service you experienced. Our primary goal is always to exceed our guests’ expectations. Rich, Bea, and Nerys, were absolutely thrilled when they saw you had mentioned them by name in your review. They are proud of their dedication and hard work, as well as the rest of our staff and management team! We look forward to your return!

Chelsea, Vermont
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is comfortable and conveniently located but the housekeeping is sloppy. With around 1'5 million reward points, I have a great deal of experience with the Marriott brand in the United States and overseas. I expect not to hear housekeepers shouting or talking loudly at 8 am. I also expect items to be replenished as needed. We had to replace the missing glasses ourselves. Also,because on more than one occasion the front desk was completely unstaffed we feel that a bell would be a good idea. This is only my second negative Marriott review ever which should tell you something.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank rockinvt
Dear Rockinvt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in regards to your stay in April 2014. We sincerely apologize for multiple inconveniences you experienced during your stay. It is unacceptable, and extremely unprofessional to have our front desk un-staffed, in addition to the inappropriate shouting of our housekeepers throughout the hallways. We truly appreciate your review; as your feedback is important to our improvements.

Albany, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I booked my reservation with this inn through Priceline and wonder if this was a factor in determining why we got the room we did. When we checked in around midnight, the lot was not full so I don't think the hotel was full. Yet, we were given a room on the ground floor near the main lobby (noisy). By 8:00 a.m. we had heard numerous doors slamming shut in our hallway. Also, the heating in the room did not work and they had a space heater being used to heat the room. I prefer my room on the cold side and when we woke up in the morning it was 75 degrees in there. We finally decided it was pointless to try to sleep anymore and ended up checking out early considering the late night we had. I planned to ask the desk clerk about it but she didn't ask how our stay was so I just let it slide.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Br1006
Dear Br001,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay in February 2014. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant room situation (regarding the temperature) which you experienced at our hotel. We also wanted to ensure and inform you that our hotel does not “discriminate” against how our guests’ choose make their reservations. In no way, shape, or form should a guests’ method of reservation have any impact on the room he or she would potentially checked into. Once again, we sincerely want to apologize for the inconvenient room temperature you experienced with us, and that your review is greatly appreciated.