“Good food, terrible service”
Review of Roxanne's

Roxanne's
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Mahwah
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The pizza is great. The mussels are awesome. My son goes every week for his mussel fix. But this time the chicken marsala and the veal marsala were just so-so. If it weren't for the food being good, we would have walked out.
The service was horrible from the beginning.
When we walked in, there were 4 cashiers and waitresses standing around the hostess station. And when they looked up to greet us, it was less than enthusiastic. As we sat there, at times I counted up to 7 employees standing around the hostess station.We ordered drinks, the first round went fine. For the second round my son asked for his to come with dinner and then we also said we will also have ours with dinner. Well she must not have heard us so when she brought my sons drink before dinner came we told her again we will have another when dinner comes. Dinner came and she was standing around the hostess station and when I finally got her attention I had to ask her to get our drinks. Before the dinner came we had eggplant/zucchini chips for appetizers. They came w/ a taziki sp? type dip. Boring. So, we wanted some ranch or blue cheese to go with it. She didn't come back to check on us, because she standing at the hostess station, again. I had to go up and ask her to get some before we would otherwise be done with the chips or they would be cold. No ranch and the bleu cheese wasn't very good. But ok.
We got our dinners and that went alright but, when we finished there was some kind of funny commotion going on between all the employees at the hostess desk and they all started darting out the back to see what was going on. We were done with our meal and wanted the check and didn't know how long she was going to be out back so my husband had to go up and ask for it. When our waitress came back and he was up there she came to the table and asked if we got our check? I asked her, did you bring us our check? How would we get our check? NO we didn't get our check. He went to get it for us.
I'm so pissed off that a 107.00 dinner was so unpleasant because of a crappy waitress. My husband is a 20% tipper but he brought the bill to me to sign and decide how much tip to give her. I gave her 10.00. He never complains and usually when they ask says everything is ok even isn't it's not. This time he said I gave the same amount he would've given. And I even think 10.00 was too much. I say to him that if you don't complain and give a lesser tip they just think you are cheap. Because someone who gives crappy service doesn't know or care if they give crappy service. Debatable whether we will go back or not.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Brick oven pizza with a trattoria feel. very good pizza, load and busy. good for family w kids. skip it on the 1st date.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food is awesome, the service is friendly. The only negative thing is that there are no free refills on soft drinks or ice-tea.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

None of us got sick, and we all ate different items, but it was a concensus across 12 of us that we just did not feel 'great' a few hours after dinner had passed (we all dicovered that everyone felt this way as we talked the next morning).

Food & service in the past was amazing, but this trip just felt like it was OK. Staff seemed to just tolerate us and the service was okay, but left feeling completely under-whelmed vs. my last trip here a couple years ago. Hostes had what I would consider unprofessional attire on (hey, I can appreciate sexy, but it was almost frumpy-girlish).

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been here a few times in the past few years. The relatives picked this place for an after funeral spot. Service very slow but to be fair we were a big group. Food average but not bad.

1  Thank ddd1017

Been to Roxanne's? Share your experiences!