“Always delighted”

Roxanne's
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Mahwah
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“Always delighted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Want a good, hearty italian meal? This is the place. It never seems to disappoint. Always good food and service. It can be a bit noisy, but that's what to expect from this great local, family restaurant. Bring the family -- there is something here for everyone. The pizzas are terrific, huge salads and entrees (enough to share). Love how you can see the pizzas being made in the wood burning ovens! Go early or later, since they don't accept reservations, to avoid a long wait.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

up in area on pizza and kind of lucked into this place. split a salad and pizza. salad was a simple salad of greens and a few veggies (carrots, tomatoes, cucumber). what was spectacular was the home-made balsamic dressing. perhaps as good as i have ever had. the pizza was one of the better new york style pizzas i have had (of course i could have been pretty hungry as well). home-made thin crust that is great - italian sausage and onion. um um um um um!!! if i am ever back in the area - will stop in again.

New York City, New York
“Bad service, long wait, okay food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We dined there tonight. After valet parking my car, went inside and had to wait and wait and wait to place an order. The place is in utter chaos. I got the clams oreganta,which were covered in burned bread crumbs. I got six clams shells which were the size of a quarter. I stared at the plate in amazement. It was like clams oreganta for the midget munchkin people. We had to wait almost an hour for the food to come. We ordered a large pizza and you have to pay $2.00 for each additional topping. My brother ordered onions and when the pizza arrived we discovered that they just threw raw onions on the top. I asked for silverware -- never got it, we had to eat with our hands. I kept asking for water and each waiter that came by said "okay" and never came back. I had to go up to the manager and tell him that I was choking on the pizza stuck in my throat and that I desperately needed water before I got any. Do yourself a favor -- don't eat at Roxanne's. Get yourself an Unos pizza from the freezer aisle, turn on the Jersey Shore and kick back and relax. If you go to Roxanne's you will be sorely disappointed.

“Fine Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Roxanne's has good Italian food. I am fond of it's chicken parmesan with two
Thick and nicely done pieces of chicken served with andante' penne pasta.
We love it's brick oven thin crusted piazzas and very generous salads.
Most dishes are very generous. They have an indoor area aswell as a covered and seasonally temperature controlled outdoor area. Very convenient and reasonably priced. Very attentive service.
Best of all they serve my favorite beer: Blue Moon on Tap in iced mugs.

Bergen County, NJ
“Inconsistent and a bit expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have eaten here many times over the years. Sometimes,the food is great. Other times, it is barely passable. Always has pretty good wings. Service is good, and it is often crowded.

Visited July 2012

Been to Roxanne's? Share your experiences!