“Very nice lunch”
Review of Garlic Rose - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Description: Your trip to Garlic Rose is sure to satisfy your hunger. Our lunch menu offers something for the whole family with delicious garlic infused entrees and much more. Our unique take on one of the most tasteful herbs available is what makes us one of the most interesting restaurants in Madison. The Garlic Rose is sure to impress with our unique flavors and creativity.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A wonderful lunch here. Started with wonderful bread and fresh greens compote Fresh salad and absolutely delicious entree, which was a pasta with chicken done to perfection. We will return again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've eaten here many times. The restaurant focuses on using garlic in every menu offering. The food is always very good and the value is excellent. The restaurant had no liquor license, so BYO is the way to go. (There's are several good liquor stores within walking distance if wine is your choosing). The staff is always very friendly and eager to discuss the menu etc.

The Harvest Chicken is our favorite, but there's lots to chose from. A nice house salad comes with the meal but there are other salads available on the menu. Most folks I've overheard at nearby tables are very pleased with their food. Appetizers are great, the entrees are excellent and the desserts are fine too. It's on the casual side, reservations are recommended because it's very popular. The space is a little crowded, but the food makes up for it. Very popular with folks in the area who like to eat well for a reasonable price. They have another location in Cranford, NJ.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife's co-worker raved about Garlic Rose, so we made a note to try it when we were in the area. (It is quite far from our home.) The food was absolutely DELICIOUS, and the service was quite good too. We have gotten on their mailing list, and we go back as often as we possibly can. They send us occasional postcards with discounts as well, which is a nice touch. We have made it a goal to try everything on the menu, since every time we go, it is nearly impossible to decide what we want because it all sounds great. I guess we have been about 6 or 7 times so far. I had expected 'over the top' garlic in everything based on the name, but it wasn't that at all - just yummy food! :-)

Reviewed December 22, 2012

To celebrate our baby news, we had dinner with my in-laws. Having been here before for our first date--some 7 years ago-- we remember the quaint charm of the small restaurant, the good food, and the fact that it is BYOB. While I couldn't enjoy the BYOB part, we did enjoy our meal. The crab cakes, again, were a hit for my husband and myself. My mother-in-law had the escargots and salad-- really good choices in her eyes--while my father in law stuck with pasta--another good choice. All of this at pretty decent prices. Yes, the decor needs to be updated, but it really has the charm and good food that people need every now and then.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

It is a relatively small restaurant, but the food is amazing! I have had some of the best meals ever here. I love to combine a dinner here with a show at the Shakespeare Theater of NJ. Staff at the Garlic Rose are terrific about getting you out quickly if you are tight for time to make a performance, which has happened to us on several occasions.