“Well worth the long drive for us to get there”
Review of Garlic Rose - CLOSED

Garlic Rose
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Your trip to Garlic Rose is sure to satisfy your hunger. Our lunch menu offers something for the whole family with delicious garlic infused entrees and much more. Our unique take on one of the most tasteful herbs available is what makes us one of the most interesting restaurants in Madison. The Garlic Rose is sure to impress with our unique flavors and creativity.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Well worth the long drive for us to get there”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife's co-worker raved about Garlic Rose, so we made a note to try it when we were in the area. (It is quite far from our home.) The food was absolutely DELICIOUS, and the service was quite good too. We have gotten on their mailing list, and we go back as often as we possibly can. They send us occasional postcards with discounts as well, which is a nice touch. We have made it a goal to try everything on the menu, since every time we go, it is nearly impossible to decide what we want because it all sounds great. I guess we have been about 6 or 7 times so far. I had expected 'over the top' garlic in everything based on the name, but it wasn't that at all - just yummy food! :-)

Visited October 2012

New Jersey
“Another memory at this gem”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

To celebrate our baby news, we had dinner with my in-laws. Having been here before for our first date--some 7 years ago-- we remember the quaint charm of the small restaurant, the good food, and the fact that it is BYOB. While I couldn't enjoy the BYOB part, we did enjoy our meal. The crab cakes, again, were a hit for my husband and myself. My mother-in-law had the escargots and salad-- really good choices in her eyes--while my father in law stuck with pasta--another good choice. All of this at pretty decent prices. Yes, the decor needs to be updated, but it really has the charm and good food that people need every now and then.

• Visited October 2012
Clinton, New Jersey
“Love this place!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

It is a relatively small restaurant, but the food is amazing! I have had some of the best meals ever here. I love to combine a dinner here with a show at the Shakespeare Theater of NJ. Staff at the Garlic Rose are terrific about getting you out quickly if you are tight for time to make a performance, which has happened to us on several occasions.

Visited December 2012
New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is excellent !!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

You wont be disappointed - see if you can get some of their garlic oil to take home with you if you are not local!!!!

Visited August 2012
Millburn, New Jersey
“MUST LOVE GARLIC”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

It is a nice little restaurant. BYOB Large portions, the food is delicious and FULL of garlic! Enjoy!